Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i have a 2013 3.8 Track. I am looking to update my head unit software, but in the windows installer i downloaded from hyundai there is no option for a gen coupe, only the genesis sedan 2015-16. Are those head units the same? and will it work with my gen coupe if i install it? Im wondering if they used the same head units in the sedans as the coupe's? Included screenshots are below:

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
You choose genesis in the drop down instead of Hundai. You need to choose Hyundai then genesis coupe. I have a 2013 as well.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
I found it.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
So how did you find it? I have a 2016 Prem. I picked Hyundai in setup and see the same screen as your first pic.
There is no Hyundai or Genesis Coupe in the list.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey all, i have a 2013 3.8 Track. I am looking to update my head unit software, but in the windows installer i downloaded from hyundai there is no option for a gen coupe, only the genesis sedan 2015-16. Are those head units the same? and will it work with my gen coupe if i install it? Im wondering if they used the same head units in the sedans as the coupe's? Included screenshots are below: View attachment 76586
How much does a nav update cost? I also have a 2013 and never did an update because I think they wanted $200 or something crazy like that. Even $100 is a lot, given they release them each year. I also don’t like that you have to buy a nav pack just to get updates to the hands free system.

·
Registered
2011 3.8 Track
8 Posts
How much does a nav update cost? I also have a 2013 and never did an update because I think they wanted $200 or something crazy like that. Even $100 is a lot, given they release them each year. I also don’t like that you have to buy a nav pack just to get updates to the hands free system.
They did used to be super expensive. I bought one for my 2011 long ago and it was $200+. But I recently bought an update and it was from Mapcare | Home page. $25. Go do it! :)

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Yes mapnsoft. Same link I sent him above.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully this helps.
I should have specified my issue tbh. I cant access anything other than the AUX or AM/FM radio because the software is outdated. I press the setup button and it gives me the driver safety notice and it wont go away; i cant even press "continue"

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Oh ok. Idk. Try calling the number in the above attachment and see what they tell you? Do you have bluelink active? I had a similar issue that was related to bluelink.
Also...unrelated to your issue...
I tried getting 3 months free of bluelink, i already had it before for 3 mo the free. They actually activated it again. I did all the forms online and then called and had them reactivate it
Maybe some.lf you guys out there reading this could also get a other 3 months free.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
I may have found something to help you. Find and follow the download to an SD card/file the Bluetooth upgrade to i think it's 1.8
Once you update your Bluetooth then turn off the car to reset the radio. Then go and see if you can get to the regular update screen.
Bluetooth once downloaded to the SD card/chip you plug into your radio, then turn your car on to accessory. I believe it may automatically update. Make sure that's the only file on your card. There's a DIH on this forum as well as YouTube and Google.
Doesn't hurt to try

·
Registered
5 Posts
shou
I may have found something to help you. Find and follow the download to an SD card/file the Bluetooth upgrade to i think it's 1.8
Once you update your Bluetooth then turn off the car to reset the radio. Then go and see if you can get to the regular update screen.
Bluetooth once downloaded to the SD card/chip you plug into your radio, then turn your car on to accessory. I believe it may automatically update. Make sure that's the only file on your card. There's a DIH on this forum as well as YouTube and Google.
Doesn't hurt to try
Should I also mention I have BK1? xD it doesnt have the sd slot, just a usb

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Is there anything plugged into the USB? If so unplug it. And yes sorry, i did assume bk2. Even those have two different style radios
2009+2012
2014- 2016 better of the group.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there anything plugged into the USB? If so unplug it. And yes sorry, i did assume bk2. Even those have two different style radios
2009+2012
2014- 2016 better of the group.
no sir, the slots been empty since I bought it. Im still at a dead end on how to bet past the warning screen

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Dam man. Sorry you are having such problems. I sincerely hope you get this worked out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts