Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 track. I ordered some emblems for the front and back. Yesterday i installed the back emblem, it didn’t come out perfect but i was satisfied with the result. today i drove to school and noticed the center piece fell off. any suggestions on sticking it in there better?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,915 Posts
recently bought a 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 track. I ordered some emblems for the front and back. Yesterday i installed the back emblem, it didn’t come out perfect but i was satisfied with the result. today i drove to school and noticed the center piece fell off. any suggestions on sticking it in there better?
the clear outdoor double sided tape.

It's the thick gel tape.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the clear outdoor double sided tape.

It's the thick gel tape.
i’ll try to see if I can find gorilla glue brand for this tape. Also, should i put the tape on top of the included adhesive?

·
Premium Member
14,915 Posts
i’ll try to see if I can find gorilla glue brand for this tape. Also, should i put the tape on top of the included adhesive?
krogers/fred meyers should sell it, they sell the 3m brand stuff at mine. It holds a lot stronger that the OEM adhesive IMO.

I would say to peel off the tape that's on there, but I'm not sure if doing so will lift up the decal under it, so be aware of that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
krogers/fred meyers should sell it, they sell the 3m brand stuff at mine. It holds a lot stronger that the OEM adhesive IMO.

I would say to peel off the tape that's on there, but I'm not sure if doing so will lift up the decal under it, so be aware of that.
Thank you, i’ll try to check it out. I might check walmart as well they should have it. I also just noticed the bottom of the actual emblem is kinda of sticking up a little bit. thinking about heating it up for a bit and pressing it in. think that would help?

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
727 Posts
Try E 6000 glue. They have it at Walmart. I used it and it holds good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
not related but just want to ask...what's up with "the art of speed" statement and genesis?
Maybe I'm too old but it reminds me of this guy : "go speedracer gooo!!" :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts