Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a genesis coupe 2011 used but after hearing what my two of my friends telling me that they heard from others that the gc starts to get problems above 40k mileage has made me a little hesitant.. Since you guys are actually gc owners what have you experienced with your cars?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have no problems with 2010 3.8 A/T . which engine and transmission are you looking into? also check out MSN auto and others...they all gave good ratings on reliability on genesis coupe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i am interested in the 3.8 auto :) i am guessing its the history of hyundai that makes those rumors still go around?..

·
Boost Addicted
469 Posts
Your friends are just jealous ;P

·
1stgengen
4,531 Posts
I'm at almost 50k km on my 2010 3.8. The only thing I've had to do beyond regular maintenance is replace the throwout bearing under warranty and get the rear rims refinished. Both did not cost me a dime.

Very happy so far with the reliability.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I run into lady who drives same car as I do except she has the Ground Touring which has all the gadgets. She asked me if I was worried about the reliability on the genesis coupe. I told her "no". This is My 3rd Korean car , other being KIA suv which I traded in when they had 125K miles on both of them. Never went to dealer for warranty work , does normal oil, fluid, and filter changes. She than asked me about sunroof and OEM GPS reliability. I told her why would you want to buya car with a hole on roof of the car and its better to buy aftermarket GPS electronics. The Koreans cars are well made , has great warranty, and genesis coupe is very fun car to drive around.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess i should go for the genesis coupe then :) after all a brand new 370z costs $85k usd here in the philippines WTF!......

·
central fl. gencoupe club
1,371 Posts
my 2011 2.0T coupe has almost 23,000 miles on her now.
about 2 months ago i had a a/c compressor replaced under warranty,a few seals were leaking .
other than that no other problems at all. she just keeps puttering along.

·
Court Jester
4,283 Posts
My 2013 3.8 track at 1,234 miles, had the engine self-destruct. Dealer got me a new car.

Now at 6,500+ miles, the tranny is starting to grind plus do a few other weird things, going back to the dealer Tuesday for a Hyundai engineer and area manager to look at it.

Besides those two things, the car has been great! :)

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
2010 genesis coupe i've also put it through hell and it's fine. Boost spiek with CMD, even hydro locked, sucked in water, and she be fine....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Notdaniele said:
Since you guys are actually gc owners what have you experienced with your cars?
Headaches and bulls hit everytime it's needed service. Hyundai techs have to be THE most idiotic lifeform on the planet. Every time it goes in for a repair, it's there for 3-5 days while the trained monkeys bang and hump on it, to no avail, before finally calling their magical 800 number for tech assistance. And then, it STILL isnt fixed right.

Save yourself the trouble and hassle and forget a Hyundai, especially the mediocre, halfass engineered genesis coupe.

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
^^ Sounds like a locals problem. And this car is anything but half-ass engineered.

·
Registered
399 Posts
In the just over two years I've had my GT auto, (only 15K miles), I've had a yaw sensor replaced, and am currently having the common issue with a flaky brake switch that keeps the car from starting with the push button on occasion. Other than that, I've had no problems until yesterday when the battery decided to die just a month and a half out of the replacement warranty. Rather than putz around with the dealer, I got a replacement at walmart, installed it myself and all now seems well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mine got rod knock at 44k miles. I agree with all the smack talk against Hyundai. But maybe I'm just bitter. Love the car, hate the blown engine and dealing with Hyundai people.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
My 2013 3.8 track at 1,234 miles, had the engine self-destruct. Dealer got me a new car.

Now at 6,500+ miles, the tranny is starting to grind plus do a few other weird things, going back to the dealer Tuesday for a Hyundai engineer and area manager to look at it.

Besides those two things, the car has been great! :)
Hahahaha. "Other than complete catastrophic failure, the car is wonderful!"

Never owned one, still, but I've been around long enough that I can say with plenty of confidence that the car should be pretty reliable in the long run. Sure there are handfuls of people with problems, but you see that anywhere. And the ones with trouble are likely to be more vocal about the problems as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the manual transmission in these machines the few times I've driven them, but the ZF auto is a pretty decent unit.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts