Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new coupe owner who is not a tuner, and really just plays around with car.

has anyone used/had experience with these GF Performance chips ????

looks like [email protected], but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience. looking to add a bit more HP (around 50 or so) to 2.0T after just purchasing it.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
Welcome to the COOP

So, do you have any links to this GF performance chip? :dunno:
:confused:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Just stick to dynojet cmd , poweraxel, seoulful racing, or turboxs reflash. All have been proven to make 20-40 more whp depending on supporting mods. Look around the forums a bit there's tons of info available.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm guessing you're talking about this:
HYUNDAI GENESIS GF Peformance Chip

Total BS, not worth even $69. I looked into something similar for my Mercedes a few years ago, as far as I know it just makes the car run lean, no real performance enhancement. When it comes to cars, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Also, take a look at this:
performance chip for RL - AcuraZine Community

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gfchips.com ... cant yet post a link bc too new to forum

it looks like junk though ... get what u pay for

any suggestion for easy to install perf chip for $500 or less?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
of those you reco, could u please list in ord of which you believe deliver best results?

obviously, im new to all if this, so thanks for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
excellent advice!

just looking for easy to install perf chip to gain some hp, so will keep looking.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
excellent advice!

just looking for easy to install perf chip to gain some hp, so will keep looking.
What you are looking for does not exist for this car. End of story. Goodnight.

However, there are tunes that you can get for your car that are easy to program.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's best to ignore those kind of chips they mess with your A/F ratio and can eventually cause you alot of problems if your looking for under 500 look into a Dynojet CMD. Everything else is gonna be upwards of 600.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
PowerAxel or
PA by Redline.

Or wait for Project NitroGen below to happen.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Does any new vehicle even have a chip option? I know nothing I have bought since 2003 has has a chip. Only ecu flash options.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
PowerAxel or
PA by Redline.

Or wait for Project NitroGen below to happen.
this guy shouldn't touch nitrogen or the CMD, just give money to PA and call it a day. Nitrogen is for people who know about cars, or they will blow their engine up.

Does any new vehicle even have a chip option? I know nothing I have bought since 2003 has has a chip. Only ecu flash options.
yes and no. As you see in that RL link, any vehicle from any year has a chip avaliible for it. If they can make money off of suckers, they will. That is also proof that they aren't vehicle specific nor will do any good. But the old school 'chipping your ECU' days are gone, companies still like to prey on those with limited knowledge about cars or those that "used to know about cars" buy using the word chip to sell their crap.

http://www.gfchips.com/bugattiveyron164.aspx :rofl: That is right, chips for a bugatti veyron.

/thread

If you asked if hey sold chips for your power wheels, they would probably say yes and charge you $200 for a "custom chip" and give the a box with components in it connected to nothing.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
If a company is selling a product that has the word chip in it, you probably don't want it anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ECU Perfomance Chips

Does anyone have any insight to these? It seems like it's almost too good to be true. Two of these have money back guarantees, but will these mess up your car?

betterperformancenow
gfchips
autochipsdirect

(sorry, can't post any links at this time) - but just go to these pages and look under hyundai genesis coupe and then ecu performance chips

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
read the posts above maybe?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts