Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New around here but I've been a lurker since I bought my hail damaged 2013 earlier this year. Anyway I was looking around and saw 1 random thread from 2013 with a reply where someone had made tempered glass lens replacements for his 3 gagues to replace those crappy softer than my pillow plastic lenses and he said maybe diy or product then nothing after that... Was wondering if anyone else has done that mod to their car as I'd love to have lenses that I can clean without making an hour so I can scratch then re buff them to a clear appearence. Would love some help on this one I know how to take them out and all that I just need to know if anyone has done glass on them.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I remember reading that thread a few years back. I think most people around here just replace them altogether with aftermarket gauges as opposed to going through the trouble of making glass lenses for the stockers. Probably less hassle and you can install gauges that provide more useful information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have replaced my 3 gauge lenses with tempered glass lenses and 3d printed holders. Looks pretty good, but it was difficult to get the lenses glued in without making a mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts