Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I am almost tempted to have a true dual exhaust made after the cats and have glasspacks at the tips instead of mufflers. sounded hella good on my tib.
This isn't really a true dual (if that means stays split from the head), but it is kind of a dual with a glasspack at the tips and it is about 8' behind my hi flow cat. I can keep you posted how long it last, so far it is 6k miles and climbing.

I am still very happy with it though at 2500rpm +/-250 it can drone a bit. I though about maybe getting a resonator in there, but it isn't that bad yet, and it is only in that range which I am not in often enough. I would say the part I like the least is how far the tips stick out, but that isn't too bad either, it just isn't ideal IMO.

·
What is a turbo?
143 Posts
I like the way yours sounds Gmal.

Whatnot, true dual means that there is a one outlet per exhaust manifold/header. we have 2 cats that go to a y-pipe in the cat back exhaust. you run a pipe for each side and run it straight back. get ride of your midpipe with the y's on both sides and run 2 pipes all the way back, one for each side. youll have a true dual exhaust then. for some reason that just came out in a mess. lol sorry.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
whatnot ....i think your tips look good ...and i have about 3k on mine n i hear a little but of the rattle but only wehj im in like a parking garage .....n ik what your saying about the dual.....mine starts like 2.5 feet after cat.....n whatnot do you have a video ?

·
What is a turbo?
143 Posts
oh ****, my bad. whatnot you have a 2.0T. ya you did yours the only way you could have. im sorry dude, it thought it was a 3.8. thats what i get for not reading your stuff lol. I am running a 3.8. ya im interested in how yours sounds. setup looks nice.

BTW, glasspack is a generalize term now. modern variations of the glasspacks use steel meshes inplace of fiberglass. there are several different types of those out on the market. fiberglass is just the cheapest.

i wonder what the GC would sound like with a nascar glasspack. haha. my friend had one on his vr-4 galant. it sounded hella good. and loud lol.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
pmig, yea, sorry, I thought gmal had a 2.0t. And assumed you had a 3.8 since you spoke of true dual exhaust and I never heard of a true dual i4 before, nor a true dual single turbo for that matter. Once you collect into a turbo, splitting isn't really benificial. But I feel I have enough lengh of midpie to scavenge and the split is more cosmetic than anything. I don't think it hurts my performance, but I know it isn't optimal.

I can confirm the muffler is a straight pipe with holes/louvers and it has FG sitting in the muffler can and then it has a "Y" split ine th end and comes out into two outlets.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
wow your car sounds sick!

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
thanks, I put up a new video so you can hear it at idle (skip to 1:30)... though it is pretty quiet any time you aren't WOT.

Gmal, you have any videos inside your car? while driving? I think your video sounds a bit like mine, though maybe a bit louder since you only have 1 and I have two mufflers.

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Nice sound on that vid....
Do you always cruise sitting that far back? I must look like one of those old ladys you see with there face almost in the dash compared to you.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
thanks and
:rofl: ROFL, no, I don't sit that far back normally (it is for the vid), my head is actually to the right of and behind the head rest so as to not block the video. I also don't drive like that normally with my hands down low on the steering wheel and do the 'shuffle' to turn. Though you can see at 1:12 as I am tail sliding, I don't care as much about blocking the video as I do not crashing lol. I actually ended up using my right side mirror to as my rearview mirror lol. I had a glass/suction GPS mount on my left rear window and stuck my camera in that. The funny thing is as I was moving that to my PC and editing it, I was leaning right the whole time until I noticed lol.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
ahahahahaha dnt worry about it its fine ahahah

121 - 131 of 131 Posts