Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2,700$ car bro a canned tune wont hurt for a while. unless i find a custom tuner for a reasonable deal. but i know what u mean

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if it blows it blows. i really dont trust these engines from sketchy previous owners. i fixed just about all the problems on it myself, most were free or dirt cheap. but idk if he ever changed his oil often or kept it topped. or drove it. i could tell how often the oil was changed if i pull the valve cover off. i plan to tune it go to work with it for a little have some fun with it and sell it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still may have issues without a muffler.
Like i knew what u ment because i used to have a motorized bicycle and i cut the muffler out for speed. checked the spark plug before and after. it was running perfect before not rich or lean. after i cut the exhaust restrictions out. it got alot faster but the plug determined it was running hella lean so i upgraded the fuel jet and it was perf.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still may have issues without a muffler.
Like i knew what u meant because i used to have a motorized bicycle and i cut the muffler out for speed. checked the spark plug before and after. it was running perfect before not rich or lean. after i cut the exhaust restrictions out. it got alot faster but the plug determined it was running hella lean so i upgraded the fuel jet and it was perf.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,271 Posts
Are you still otherwise stock? beware the small OE FIs as they will max out before the OE clutch does......

My system is straight through 3" TurboXS. The muffler is straight through 3". I really want to put the OE muffler back on if I could open it up some to ~3" inlet and internal pipe going to the center of the muffler.

·
Nobody pays me in gum
568 Posts
Back pressure is never a good thing, on any car ever. I think what is getting confused is scavenging, which won't matter using stock a manifold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts