Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently just got a new battery installed at Walmart and when I took it in, it had no check engine light, but when I picked it up it had one and also had some trouble starting and I just figured that it had something to do with the new battery but it was something related to the MAP sensor. I fixed that within a week and a new code popped up, it was for the diverter valve (I think it was P2261) so I brought a Forge BOV and installed it last night, and that code went away but now its throwing a P0236 code. I'm just wondering that if this was all caused by the battery change and if there is fix other than buying a new sensor. It's also been in limp mode this entire time and I just want my car back.

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,101 Posts
I would disconnect the MAP sensor a couple times and make sure it's a good contact. Short of actually reading what it is putting out it's hard to tell.

If the battery is being charged then it's not because of the battery change. It will clear all the OBDII data and relearn. That's maybe where the codes are coming from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would disconnect the MAP sensor a couple times and make sure it's a good contact. Short of actually reading what it is putting out it's hard to tell.

If the battery is being charged then it's not because of the battery change. It will clear all the OBDII data and relearn. That's maybe where the codes are coming from.
so i ended up finding out the mechanic that i got to put in the new sensor got them switched up, so i put them in the right spot but its now throwing a P0035 code :(

although after installing the Forge BOV it makes an air whooshing sound whenever I accelerate and am not sure if its supposed to make that sound or not

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Automotive tire Hood Tire Wheel Tread

so it’s the one on the left right? Cause it seems plugged in to me at every point

also how do o take this off without breaking it💀

so edit: I found a circle shaped plug that was unplugged and I’m wondering if that’s it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just took it for a drive after plugging that back in and its acceleration is still gone and the RPM climbs very high when I barely press down on the accelerator and also my fuel economy just keeps going down. Also when I'm idle the RPM fluctuates and I'm about to just try and find a shop to try and take a look at it cause I honestly don't know what I'm doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts