Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
stock is boring
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 genesis turbo. I finally found and got gtr wheels. I've seen this set up before which is why I was adamant on finding and getting these wheels. I wanted to know if anyone has experience with these what they bad to go thru to get this to fit. To run good and just everything in general. Hit me up. All opinions are accepted and appreciated it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I have heard it's not easy. The center bore of the wheel has to be enlarged, you have to roll the fenders to keep from cutting tires, and you have to run spacers to keep the inside of the tire from rubbing the shocks. You can't run the stock GTR tires because they are too big. I am sure someone else will chime in with specifics, but after looking into running these wheels, I decided that unless someone gave me a set for free, it was not worth the trouble.

Reactions: Mambo2jz

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
You do need the centerbore machined to fit the Genesis bore, you only need to run spacers in the front and you do not need to roll the fenders if you put proper sized tires on the wheels.

·
stock is boring
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do need the centerbore machined to fit the Genesis bore, you only need to run spacers in the front and you do not need to roll the fenders if you put proper sized tires on the wheels.
Ok I've always wanted to do this set up so everyone had told me this is hard to do. As well I talk to someone who has this set up and he has had his tires cut several times. But he specifies this is a hard set up. So I was worried if fender rolling or pulling would be needed and if my tires would be cut or run down quickly cuz I want to lower it of course. But not too low. Lol which is hard to explain but a good enough height for the wheels and such

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
The only hard part about this set up is getting the bores machined to 67.1 to fit the genesis. After that you put a 20mm spacer on the front and then you have a set of 20x9.5 +25 20x10.5 +25 wheels, which is a very good flush setup for this car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The only hard part about this set up is getting the bores machined to 67.1 to fit the genesis. After that you put a 20mm spacer on the front and then you have a set of 20x9.5 +25 20x10.5 +25 wheels, which is a very good flush setup for this car.
Agree. A friend of mine did the same setup, exactly as described. He ran a very slight stretch on tires and never had any issues with fenders or rubbing on his suspension.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey guys. So i also got myself a set of GTR wheels. What tire specs are viable for these wheels?

·
Me Boostah
117 Posts
pics!!!

·
Nobody pays me in gum
568 Posts
well if you're not interested in being so low you are tucking your tire/wheel then fitment shouldn't be too hard.

are any of the people on the forum running this setup with any gap between the tire and fender? probably not....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 genesis turbo. I finally found and got gtr wheels. I've seen this set up before which is why I was adamant on finding and getting these wheels. I wanted to know if anyone has experience with these what they bad to go thru to get this to fit. To run good and just everything in general. Hit me up. All opinions are accepted and appreciated it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I’ve decided to get gtr rims 20’s do you think they would fit on my 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe with a Wide body kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts