Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

GPS connection

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Red Raspberry 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 Genesis Sedan

I would like to install a GPS on my dashboard with a USB cable. I only see an outlet in my console between the front seats. I would like to drill a hole on either side so that the cover can close and I would run the cable along side, but am afraid that there might be wiring that I might hit.

Is there wiring that I might damage?
Is there a better way to hook up my Garmin Nuvi 1350.

I had been using a cable with a cigarette lighter connection, but that cable has the Garmin connection with a 90 degree downward angle that will interfere with the dashboard mount I'd like to use.

Suggestions????

Thank you,
bob

#2 ·
Not many here with advice for the sedan but that won't stop me!

One of the first things I did on my Gen Coupe is run a fused 12 gauge always hot 12v+ wire into the cabin and behind the center console. Here I then daisy chained three relays. Then you can use any of the relays how you want. I used the 12v+ from the lighter socket to power the one's I want on when the key is on. This then comes on when the key is in acc or run. Powers my radar detector, another powers a lighter socket I have hanging out under the dash. This is for my GPS or laptop when I use it in the car. Another powers a phone charger I mounted in a slot under my radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.