Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coupe, 3.8 manual was one of the coupes that the Clutch was horrible felt short. I rarely got any smooth gears and the transmission wasn't that good either. Gears felt extremely crunchy at times.
But from one day to another the clutch felt brand new, smooth. And a couple days Ayer the car felt like a different car! It is now smooth as can be now, transmission also! Smooth gears at all times!
Has this happened to anyone ??
Extremely happy with this! Lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine goes back and forth. I'm pretty sure mine has some hydraulic issues, though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Getting smoother as the miles rollup (less than 2000). Not as smooth as my Accord DD (EX, 5 speed) though, after 238,000 it's just about learned to shift by itself. I wish the clutch release points were similar, I really like the Honda's.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
My coupe, 3.8 manual was one of the coupes that the Clutch was horrible felt short. I rarely got any smooth gears and the transmission wasn't that good either. Gears felt extremely crunchy at times.
But from one day to another the clutch felt brand new, smooth. And a couple days Ayer the car felt like a different car! It is now smooth as can be now, transmission also! Smooth gears at all times!
Has this happened to anyone ??
Extremely happy with this! Lol
The tranny in my car has gotten a bit smoother as the miles have racked up. Not sure why either.

OT: What wheels are those in your Pic? They look nice.

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
Had my car for 5 months, nearly 5k miles. It's gotten smoother, but I think it's because I've gotten better. Although, even in the beginning it was never terribly clunky. It never worried me...I wonder if that's because it's my first manual car? heh

·
///H Power
866 Posts
Driver issues :p

My shifts feels clunky in the morning and coming home at night after going out.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Replace the brake/clutch fluid & bleed the lines for much better clutch feel.

·
American Muscle
65 Posts
I have thought about replacing the brake/clutch fluid and having it bled (since I already went ahead with the transmission fluid).

I have 1200 miles on my car. What are the chances that the clutch needs to be bled at this early stage?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol yeah their vossen cv1's
and even though its randomly smooth i am changing my tranny oil soon
but its somewhat a NEW car i love it

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
lol yeah their vossen cv1's
and even though its randomly smooth i am changing my tranny oil soon
but its somewhat a NEW car i love it
Yea it's a good idea to do. Just make sure you use full synthetic for the change. I'm going to flush the transmission soon as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
changed the transimission fluid!
gears could not be any smoother! most def. enjoying the car at 100%

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
what fluid did u out in you little girl? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts