Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am trying to sell my genesis coupe, its a 3.8. I am trying to sell it with the mods, but, the ported intake manifold is the one thing that wont really add value, or discussion to the sale.

If any 3.8 owners are looking to do the ported intake manifold, now is the time. In the next week, I'd like to swap the intake manifold for your stock manifold + $200. I'd be happy to do the labor. If nobody is interested, it will stay on the car.

This will cut out your downtime, and I have done the intake manifold install and removal so we can do this quickly, probably in less than 2 hours from the time you show up.

Let me know! Concord Area!

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Socks?!! Seriously?! Can't believe you're selling man. What's next?

Any chance you would part out any of the other mods? You may end up netting more if you do.

What's your impression of this mod?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking to get back in a mazdaspeed. Probably a mazdaspeed6.

I liked the ported intake manifold. With that, the intake and exhaust, the car was starting to feel fast.

I may consider parting out, if there is no interest in it modded. Im not in a big hurry... yet.

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're selling the car, but glad that you'll be back in something that you enjoy more.

For what it's worth, this is a really great deal - if I wasn't afraid of the warranty issues I'd be all about it. GLWS.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Did you ever get your magnaflow?

I have a set of test pipes with your name on them :p

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
if you were keeping the car till the TOD run you'd be able to sell it fast. what's your mazdaspeed timetable

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
Nope, still stock. Had an expensive couple of months with travel and holidays so it's been hard to justify the spend. Might consider the cat deletes though; how do they sound on a stock cat back? Anything special needed to avoid a CEL?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've not heard them on a stock catback. I had the magnaflow by the time I made them.

No CEL issues, they arent monitored by o2 sensors.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Realize this thread is a little old, the intake still available?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ah, that's ok. While talking to SFR, jay didn't really reccomend it. Did you notice any real gain or benefit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts