DW 1000cc injectors
320lph Fuel Pump
Garret Gen 2 GTX3071R with an 0.63 A/R T3 Housing
Frankenstein MXP Manifold with T3 flange
Turbosmart 38mm External Wastegate with 14 PSI spring w/ Custom Dump Pipe
Mac 3 Port EBC
Oil Catch Can

Some Pictures of the actual setup:

I used the Haltech to get a "low boost" setup and a higher boost setup, so results were this:

Blue one is for 14 PSI and Red one is for 22 PSI

Redline was increased only to 7000 RPM as the engine is still stock on my BK1.

Things to consider: Highest Octane fuel here is 91, so using Meth is a must when tuning.

They also did a pretty cool video (Ignore the change of wheels during the video lol)

I would like to compare similar setups if possible to see if numbers are similar.

Hopefully the engine holds up for a bit of time before it goes boom. Then I will go ahead and build it and see how much more power I can get from this setup :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
My god that build sounds damn expensive for 350 rwhp. I hope you love it lol.

I know it would cost about 15 grand Canadian to get that done on a bk2 correctly.... Which is why i ran from that and kept mine at 300 with simple bolt ons and a tune.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty good. Is that exhaust manifold a T3 only? I love the wrap and cold side piping. Looks super clean:)
This manifold has actually the OEM style flange (circular) but because I do not live in the US it made more sense to just modify it to a T3 flange instead of buying another manifold.

BTR Tomei MX7960. 52mm inducer vs the Garrett 54. Turbines are 1mm different. 20psi 91 octane turbo back exhaust. Maxes out at 400 if meth is used.
Pretty much similar power, tho the Garret can be pushed for more, I would think that the Tomei can as well but idk.

Is that on a BK2? Idk if the better internals make it flow better (I would guess so).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My god that build sounds damn expensive for 350 rwhp. I hope you love it lol.

I know it would cost about 15 grand Canadian to get that done on a bk2 correctly.... Which is why i ran from that and kept mine at 300 with simple bolt ons and a tune.
Oh yeah it was, but it can be pushed for more, right now the only limitation is the stock block basically.

Oh yeah, you can get a BK2 on those numbers for way less. The BK1 needs the turbo upgrade, so I decided to go all the way lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts