in school people dont know how to throw gum away and i somehow must have gotten in on my shirt and then got onto my (CLOTH ) seats ....any way to get it out?
Gum is a non polar rubbery type substance If anything will disolve it,it will be something non polar. In other words,the kind of stuff they use for dry cleaning. If I were to try to clean it myself,I would first freeze it with a can of cold spray. (dont use endust or similar products,you used to be able to turn a can of endust upside down and freeze things with it,but now due to the bittering agent it leaves the most amazingly bad bitter reside on anything it comes in contact with. If it gets on your seats you will be sorry,even a tiny bit on your hands will will eventually find its way onto your hamburger and you wont forget it.) Then scrape it off carefully with a plastic blade. Then use something like carbon tet (very toxic) or tetrachloroethylene (also toxic) to try to get it out. I might also try hair spray,as it contains all sorts of solvents that will actually dissolve ink. I would not want to try it on seats though because those things might (or might not,I don't really know) dissolve the foam underneath.in school people dont know how to throw gum away and i somehow must have gotten in on my shirt and then got onto my (CLOTH ) seats ....any way to get it out?