Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to make a long story short, I kinda rolled into some ice in a parking lot today, and didn't think much of it until I got out and checked the front of my car. Turns out I slightly cracked the bottom of the front bumper underneath the air inlet(?) and popped out the top of my fog surround. Thankfully I was able to snap the fog surround back into place so that wasn't a huge deal, but there's still a decent sized crack in my bumper. I'd say its about 2 inches long, but the worst of it only an inch at the most.

Sorry for the crappy, terribly lit cell phone pics, I'll see if I can get better ones tomorrow in the sun.

So what do you guys think? Worth dropping the money on a new lip? Or is this fixable for under the cost of a lip?

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
So to make a long story short, I kinda rolled into some ice in a parking lot today, and didn't think much of it until I got out and checked the front of my car. Turns out I slightly cracked the bottom of the front bumper underneath the air inlet(?) and popped out the top of my fog surround. Thankfully I was able to snap the fog surround back into place so that wasn't a huge deal, but there's still a decent sized crack in my bumper. I'd say its about 2 inches long, but the worst of it only an inch at the most.

Sorry for the crappy, terribly lit cell phone pics, I'll see if I can get better ones tomorrow in the sun.

So what do you guys think? Worth dropping the money on a new lip? Or is this fixable for under the cost of a lip?
id say go with the lip especially if u plan on buying one. most of them would cover that up anyways glad i dont have ice in florida :eek:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
yep just throw a lip over it...not to expensive and it will look mucho grande awesome.

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm.. $300 for a full lip is kinda out of my price range right now. I was looking at the Sequence Front Fascia and I'm really liking the look of it, and how its only one small piece and it covers up the spot completely. Anyone have any experience/thoughts on it or know where I can get the best deal?

importshark.com

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Lol you already posted the link man. Hit me up and we'll talk! We offer pre-painting on most parts as well, so this can definitely make things easy for you.

BTW, since you're on LI, you're welcome to swing by to get a lip or fascia installed. No shipping charges! :)

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol you already posted the link man. Hit me up and we'll talk! We offer pre-painting on most parts as well, so this can definitely make things easy for you.

BTW, since you're on LI, you're welcome to swing by to get a lip or fascia installed. No shipping charges! :)
Sounds good, I'll send a pm your asap!

·
Yeah budday!
237 Posts

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just saw your painted pics, and damn I'm loving the Stillen.. who carries them?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
the stillen lip looks way of IMO it has no flow to it.. clashes with the genesis body.

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the stillen lip looks way of IMO it has no flow to it.. clashes with the genesis body.
Hm.. I kinda see what you're saying.. I just don't if i can justify dropping near $200 for essentially two vertical struts..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts