Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I am loving it!

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce my self and say that I just got the 2013 Gen Coupe 3.8 Track (black) last Friday and I am in love with this car! Granted I have been in love with this car since 2009 but I couldn't afford the payments or the insurance lol I trade in my 2011 Sonata SE 2.4 to get this sexy beast.

Can't wait to start posting and learning a lot from you guys!

·
GTX3576R:)
578 Posts
Congrats glad you like it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum. I have the 2013 3.8 Track Auto Becketts Black and I love the car as well IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome! I just upgraded to this and I love it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats! I also have been eyeing the Genesis for a while....glad I did since I'm loving it as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
A new genesis owner ...
2.0t pearl white ...automatic...
Love it... Had an 2004 srt4 since o4... A very nice change...
I need to install a cold air intake...
Any ideas...
Im 65 ... Yes 65 ...
And i still have not out grown my need for speed my first car in 69 was an ss396... And i havent looked back since!!! Gas was a quater a gallon back east then lol...
Any comments on bov's too...
Gary

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
A new genesis owner ...
2.0t pearl white ...automatic...
Love it... Had an 2004 srt4 since o4... A very nice change...
I need to install a cold air intake...
Any ideas...
Im 65 ... Yes 65 ...
And i still have not out grown my need for speed my first car in 69 was an ss396... And i havent looked back since!!! Gas was a quater a gallon back east then lol...
Any comments on bov's too...
Gary
A good place to start on the performance mods is replacing the OEM plastic intake manifold with a 2010-12MY one that's been Pnp'd by us. The older models intake manifolds is made from aluminum so it less of a tendency to "pop" with higher boost pressure. However the older model intake has a problem with running lean on #1 and #4, which is what our porting fixes.

I'd really recommend getting this done before putting on an aftermarket BOV as that seems to be a common element in the going "pop" problem. http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2013-up/123076-blew-intake-manifold.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Speaking of popping sounds I sometimes hear it before I accelerate when I press on the gas harder than usually. It sounds like it is coming from the rear. What could it be?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@BrandonGS: Ohhh I guess when I go to the Dealer I will ask them about it. Oh and thanks! The Relocation Kit came and it so awesome! I still need to wait for the plates to come in lol

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
@BrandonGS: Ohhh I guess when I go to the Dealer I will ask them about it. Oh and thanks! The Relocation Kit came and it so awesome! I still need to wait for the plates to come in lol
Haha nice, getting that before you even have a metal plate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bump

1 - 20 of 25 Posts