1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the stock Potenzas no less.

This happened:

I got it tinted on Saturday!!
What were you expecting to see? You wanted me to have crashed my new Genesis, didn't you!!!! :rofl:

It actually did very well in the snow. I was careful and kept my foot very light, and had zero issues at all, even on the stock Potenzas. Let's hear it for turbo cars. No boost = no power. :D

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Now if you got it home safe on the r-spec 19s and bridgestones that would be an accomplishment

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just be careful with those tires in cold weather! Granted there was more at fault than the tires in my story but this could happen.

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My rpsec has already been through 2 winters on the stock tires. Light foot in shitty conditions = no helicopter mode

What he said.
I drove a 2005 M6 GTO in the snow on the stock tires, and those cars are all torque down low. Just gotta manage the pedal very carefully, and just let everyone pass you if need be.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
I had to do the same thing with my r-spec.

Was "fun", I now have Icept Evo winters.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Where are the snow pics?

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's one my wife took early this morning on her way to work (yes, she stopped first to take the picture)

There was about 2 inches laying when I left for work.

·
Designerd
85 Posts
Down here in the dirty south (Savannah, GA) we don't have to worry about snow but we do have to worry about oil from all the clunkers cruising around :rolleyes:. Add some rain and it can be an interesting mix!

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tints look good!
Thanks!! I went 20% all around, with a 5% "eyebrow".
I was contemplating swapping out all the chrome badges for flat black, but the tint actually makes the chrome bits look better, somehow. I don't really like that whole "murdered out" thing, but a set of black wheels with a polished lip would look pretty killer, I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts