Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
OP - Im glad your happy with your set up, i knew Beyond Redline would get you where you wanted. Even on my car with a larger turbo and making alot of power the daily driving is great, i can hold boost at any level i want with my right foot anywhere from 5psi to 28psi. Its so nice, feels like a factory car. Now i just need to figure out how to get the ground.....:/ lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
OP - Even on my car with a larger turbo and making alot of power the daily driving is great, i can hold boost at any level i want with my right foot anywhere from 5psi to 28psi. Its so nice, feels like a factory car.
I just bought Haltech so soon ill be aboard your train and have some easy acceleration and none of this BOOM hit super sonic speeds in 1 sec lol(yes i exaggerate!)
They did my car in one day. So I got to the hotel Wed night, tuned all Thursday, had dinner and went to bed. Then hit the road early Friday morning.
I know this is an oooold post LoL but any chance some of you guys are still driving these same cars? Wanted to get the opinion of someone who has used a setup like this long term because I'm looking at a BK1 3.8 with the Haltech, tablet, meth injection, etc as a daily driver... thoughts?

·
Love the corners
27 Posts
I have a Beyond Redline flashed ECU and it's awesome. Talk to Tim at BR. No experience with Haltech.

The stock ECU tune is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
CAN tunes basically limit you to what you have in terms of config. Say your turbo blows or you want to try something else, new parts etc - you will have to pay money to get retuned while on haltech sky is the limit. I am on my second CAN tune and I can only wish I just went with haltech from the get go because by now I have already spent half of haltech AND I need a retune NOW...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I have been talking to Time at Beyond Redline about the Haltech php ECU and i'm kinda lost on what I should do.
I have a 10' R-spec and currently have a BR 91 octane tune for stock car.
I have a catless DP and evo x injectors waiting to be installed, so with that
I will be running the car with just bolt-ons for a while. But in the nearish future will be upgrading the turbo to probably around a 300-340whp option.

I am wanting some opinions on tuning the car. The Poweraxel module tune has been fairly good, I do have the twitchy throttle and I am having boost spikes up to around 23-24psi (Not sure its much of the tune as it is the small framed turbo) but other than that it has been fairly stable tunning.

I came in to some money and am thinking about one time just dropping the money and going Haltech.
If I go this route, I will be driving to Beyond Redline and having Luke custom tune the car. I also like the data logging and all other features.

But with just a minor turbo upgrade, will the Haltech perform better than the PA module? Or would the stock ECU be smoother all around than the Haltech wich is pretty much a "race-box"? If I do stick with the stock ECU, I will probably be driving up to BR to get a custom tune with it. And I will also buy a CMD with the Wideband So I can have data-logging and AFR monitoring, along with being able to do some fine tuning, so that is around $700 that cuts into some of the price of the Haltech.

The car will be a daily-driven street car, and my main goal is to have a super-reliable, great driving tuned car with good power and a smooth,stable tune/setup.
So if money isn't part of the decision, what will get me better end-results for a stable daily driven street car?

Thanks for any advice,
I drive my 2.0t r-spec w Oversized turbo (18lb), stock motor, and tranny on FS Can tune (barely a tune rlly) and it does EVERYTHING I want it to. 40 in 6th, and you slam the gas pedal… it’s gonna pick up.
I also get (key words) UP TO 32 mpg if I drive like a grandma. But long road trips or anything like that, can actually save you gas $$

idk if this helps at ALL. I myself am looking to buy Haltech, but am pretty set with what I have right now :)
Hope this helped at all

41 - 45 of 45 Posts