Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys first time on this fourm. Not sure if its right section.
I have a bk1 genesis coupe 2.0 and I got a SFR custom tune on it. After the tune the car has a hard time starting. I have to sometimes floor the throttle and keep on starting to get it started.

It has a tomei mx7960 tubro
Dw750cc injectors
Aem fuel pump
Isr intercooler
Injen cold air
New Ngk2309 plugs
New coils on plugs

After a custom tune the cars has a really hard time starting on the first start after it has been sitting for it couple hours after that the rpm start to go up and down until I give gas and its back to normal. After that it starts fine and runs fine.

Not sure if if the injectors are bad or not.

If anyone has any help they can give please let me know.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,707 Posts
I'm sure the injectors are doing as they are told. Sounds like the tune is off with the start fueling timing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I take it back to get a re tuned? The shop said it will take longer to start up due to bigger injectors.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Did you upgrade the in tank LPF? (or is that what you refer to by AEM), sounds like you need a few more psi. Try Deatchwerks................the same guys that made your injectors.

SFR customs are good tunes, but the tune cant control the feed rate from the tank to the injectors, especially with the new greedy bigger injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you upgrade the in tank LPF? (or is that what you refer to by AEM), sounds like you need a few more psi. Try Deatchwerks................the same guys that made your injectors.

SFR customs are good tunes, but the tune cant control the feed rate from the tank to the injectors, especially with the new greedy bigger injectors.

The fuel pump was replaced as the stock one went on me a while before I got the tune so I put in a AEM 50-1000 high flow pump. I got this off amazon. Guys at SFR said since its bigger injectors it will need more cranking to start. Car still runs fine after the first couple of start ups. But the way it behave does not look fine, the car dumps a lot of fuel at start up as there is so much fuel coming out the exhaust when cranking for 10sec +. Also my oil was starting to get thinner and smelled all like gasoline. I did a oil changes every 500km and it just smelled straight like gas.

I don't blame their tune, it might be something simple as either fuel or a vacuum leak. Tune runs pretty nice.

I will try to get a different fuel pump.
Any suggestions on which Deatchwerks DW200 or DW300?
The aem says 320 iph at 43 psi while the dw300 says the same.
There is another one on UniqPerformance.
Aeromotive stealth fuel pump rated at 340lph at 43psi.

Should I go with the Deatchwerks instead?
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
No if you have the AEM it should be fine. Your MPI The fuel dilution is an inevitable side effect of you putting a more powerful turbo/higher boost/more fueling. Blowby just comes with the territory bro.

I get the massive fuel dump after cranking it for a while. Once she starts and warms does she run good.?

What is your max boost psi ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No if you have the AEM it should be fine. Your MPI The fuel dilution is an inevitable side effect of you putting a more powerful turbo/higher boost/more fueling. Blowby just comes with the territory bro.

I get the massive fuel dump after cranking it for a while. Once she starts and warms does she run good.?

What is your max boost psi ?
As soon as it starts it runs fine and after its warmed up, starts no problem and runs fine
Only issue when its cold is the rpm go and up and down when I give slight gas at low temps. We think the turbo boost sensor on the intercooler pipe might have gone bad. But other then that it warms up and I can turn it on off mamy times no issue. Drive no issue.

At the shop we went to 18 psi of boost using a manual boost controller. My gauge reads max at 20 and I don't know if its pusing more or not. Getting a new gauge soon.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So I'm imagining you increased the turbo volume as well as the boost max pressure. The fuel dilution is just a side effect of your beast which requires constant attention
I'd get a gauge that reads up to 30..

So sounds like the rough starts are just an idiosyncrasy of your creation.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Bigger turbo, more boost, you should think about running these,........

NGK R2556-G8 race plugs, the most stout made by anyone..............get them from NENGUN in Japan. Dont try to buy them here they'll run you 100 plus a piece.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are these plugs direct fit? Any change needed to them? Gap 0.28? I searched them up and they are pretty pricey.
Would these plugs fit the bk2 3.8?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yes,yes and yes. They will fit a Veloster turbo, they will fit a Gen 2.0T they will fit a Gen 3.8 BK1 and BK2. Yes .028 is perfection.
I used a set for 65K in a 28-30 psi,...so they are tough. They are in my boosted 3.8 T I will change mine at 45 K.
They come in heat range 8,9,and 10 !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts