Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im currently buying a GC 3.8GT manual in Canada, so no base or premium differences.

The 2012 in the market is 20000 kms, sold for 28,988 CAD, guess i can lower it down a bit.
The 2013 should me somewhere near 38k

the question from me is, is the 13 engine really much improved? Cuz the bumper on the 13 looks way uglier to me.
and also is the transmission really that bad? i testdrove it this afternoon feel fine.

Thanks in advance.

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
The 13 has a better transmission/gear than the previous years as far as I know, beefier engine with more power and more torque.. the front end you'd get used to :p

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,024 Posts
If I could go back in time I would have tried to patiently wait for the 2013.
It does have more power and the interior is better, front end is subjective since everyone has different likes.

But I also really like my 2012 since the front look will age nicely.

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
It does have more power and the interior is better, front end is subjective since everyone has different likes.

this also sold me on mine, I love the interior on my 2013

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice, also i got an offer of an 09, 60000kms infinity g37 coupe with matt black finish paint, for 30k
which one will u choose?
it's been proven the g35/g37 are great reliability that might last 10 yrs or more, how confident are u guys with the gencoupe? any issues?

sry for my bad engrish xDD not native speaker

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,024 Posts
60000km is a lot in my opinion but matte black is a nice colour. I have no idea if the price is fair though..
There's some people who have reached over 100,000km without major issues, but each car has their own set of issues if you do research.
I've reached over 24,000km without any major issues.

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
there are a few guys over 100,000km on their coupes

·
Registered
112 Posts

I wish I waited for the 13 when I saw the interior. Exterior I still prefer the old one.

·
Parabolica Blue 2.0T :)
709 Posts
I'd say go for the 2013 GT. I actually prefer the front end of the 2013, but it's all opinions. You'll grow used to it since you did say you didn't prefer it. If you've only seen pictures of it, it looks a lot better in person.

As for the engine, yes it's an improvement. Also the interior as well. I haven't heard anything wrong with the transmission?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmm 2012 goes to +10, but 2013 goes to +11... 11!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would get the g37 there bulletproof or the 2012 gt

My 2013 has been a nightmare nothing but problems if I could do it over I would have bought a 370z.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2013 has been a nightmare nothing but problems if I could do it over I would have bought a 370z.
To bad you are having issues, most of us have no real issues with the vehicle outside of it being a new line and there are always bugs to work out with any new or revamped auto line. Nissan 370z is no different, tons of 370 forum posts with all sorts of issues too. If the car is under warranty take it to the dealer and make them address the issues, if they wont then Hyundai as a dept for helping out customers with automotive issues and warranties.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
thanks for the advice, also i got an offer of an 09, 60000kms infinity g37 coupe with matt black finish paint, for 30k
which one will u choose?
it's been proven the g35/g37 are great reliability that might last 10 yrs or more, how confident are u guys with the gencoupe? any issues?

sry for my bad engrish xDD not native speaker

Hyundai has been as reliable as infinity for 5 years now.
Infinity also has trany issued

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
My G35's auto trans gave out when I had mine and manual trans issues were a common topic on the forums.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
It is surprising to that you would drop 38K on a car that is ugly to you and that you will have to "get used to".
I never said it was ugly to me. The "get used to" was to the OP.
I love the front end of my 2013

·
Registered
348 Posts
I never said it was ugly to me. The "get used to" was to the OP.
I love the front end of my 2013
I realize that. The OP said he thought it was "way uglier", and your response was that they will get "used to" the front end. To me, exterior styling is not something you compromise especially when you are dropping 38K on a car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts