Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the CC stage 2 for a good six years and the TOB was going bad so I decided to just get a new clutch kit from Gencoupestore.com. So, I got a new clutch, flywheel, TOB, pilot bearing, SS line, and rear main seal. I also got a brand new clutch MC and an adjustable rod. I'm also already running Motul RBF600 and Red Line MT-90.

I installed the MC and SS line myself and still had no issues getting in to gear. I took it to a shop to install everything else and everything felt fine leaving the shop. It was driving for about a half hour and hit traffic. It wasn't until then where all of a sudden it was hard to get into first gear. Going to second and then first helped. It also didn't do it every time but it never has issues for the first few minutes of driving. The same thing happens with reverse too. No problems with the car off. If I'm going like 1 to 3 mph it goes into first easier too.

I did have a small leak where the hard line went into the MC but that leak was there before I went to the shop. I fixed the leak myself after getting the clutch installed and rebled everything but still have the issue. I've tried reading multiple threads on multiple forums but can't find an answer.

Possible things are:
clutch installed backwards
still not bled enough
bent fork
the new tob was bad to begin with

Anyone else experience this? I'm going to call the shop tomorrow too but they installed everything back in October and are kind of far from where I live so I haven't had the time to self diagnose or take it back to them. I would hate for them to charge to take out the transmission again but like I said, this was never an issue until the new clutch kit was installed.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,691 Posts
I lived with one for 4 years. Got where the only way to get into reverse was with the engine shut off. 1st you would have to shift to second or third first. I finally got a BK2 setup.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,691 Posts
It could be an install error but the only way to find out is to take it out and reinstall. The clutch I had they do not offer any more for the Gen Coupe 2L or shouldn't.

Competition Clutch 5095-2300 kevlar stage 3

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the shop looked at it on Saturday and they noticed the rear shifter bushing was almost completely out of it's housing. I ordered a Torque Solutions one and I'm waiting for that so I can put it in.

The shop pushed the bushing back in but said it could pop out at any moment again. I didn't feel any difference on the way home so I'm hoping it did pop out otherwise that definitely isn't the issue. They said they think it could cause my issue based on what I said to them:

Fine when cold
Fine when car is off
Starts having issues once warm getting in 1st and reverse from stop
Doesn't happen every time
Sometimes have some resistance getting into 5th as well

I'll report back once I get it installed.

I have a slight feeling that it still isn't going to fix the issue but I really hope it does.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I put in new Torque Solutions front and rear shifter bushings and although the shifts do feel a little crisper, the problem is still there. I've read that maybe the trans fluid is low and can try that next otherwise something went wrong with the clutch install, a faulty new part or something more serious like synchros. Any other ideas??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey hey, I recently just purchased a BK2 and am experiencing what you describe almost to a T. Especially getting into first, I've noticed that at a complete stand still it will get there with no issues but anything over 5 mph and it feels like I'm forcing way more than I'd need to. Did you ever get the issue ironed out?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, my issue is at a complete stand still. Not being able to get into first above 5mph is actually pretty normal for these cars. You can try rev matching too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts