Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Has anyone modified their stock foglight bezel?

39K views 129 replies 55 participants last post by  brnbar01 
#1 ·
I'm curious to see if anyone has ever cut out the solid plastic piece and add mesh in order to make it like the M&S surrounds. The OEM one is such a perfect fit and it's made of plastic vice fiberglass. I am seriously considering this. I wish I would have thought of this before I bought the M&S one. Cutting it wouldn't be a big deal. I could just use my Dremel. I think the hold up would be finding a black plastic mesh that would look good down there. I know I would have to use some sort of strong adhesive that is also weather resistant to adhere the mesh. What do you think?

#3 ·
I'm not happy with the fit and finish of the M&S so that's why I was asking.

#7 ·
When I was assembling this weekend with the help of a friend we both noticed gaps around the edge where the OEM one didn't have any. While assembling it and having to drill pilot holes into the fiberglass where the mounting screws go the fiberglass would crack. Some of the mounting points required longer screws in order to attach them. In other words the stock screws wouldn't work. I got it all assembled and you really can't notice anything unless you get close up but I know it. The stock foglight bezels are perfect. They are plastic which means stronger and they are a perfect fit.

#8 ·
They are plastic which means stronger and they are a perfect fit.
+1

I have the sequence fog bezels... and the manufacturing of them is horrible... but, I got them modified to look like the M&S, and fixed a little, its much better... but i still prefer how the stock bezels are tucked in, inside the bumper...as opposed to sticking out like a vacuum hose... I really wish they will come out with an option like that with the mesh grill... I will definitely buy that

#9 ·
I've already decided that I'm going to modify my stock ones. I just need to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and find some plastic mesh that I like, preferably in black so I don't have to paint them. I was really unimpressed and dissatisified with the manufacturing of these M&S foglight bezels.

#12 ·
yea... it almost looks like it was made in a highschool shop class. it looks good on the front but when u flip it around its absolutely terrible. i was shocked i actually got it to fit in there flush...

the final product is sexy though...

#10 · (Edited)
I was thinking of doing some thing similar but trying to leave the ribs in the bezel and finding some type mesh material to place behind them.I'm sure some type of a two part epoxy would hold the mesh in.

#16 ·
I've never seen the M&S bezels in person.

I've seen the sequence version though, and my comment was directed at NJGX, hence quoting him.

I know people have TALKED about taking a dremel to the OEM bezels, but I haven't seen pics yet.

#17 ·
yea.. and u went on a rant that ended up in left field brah... talkin about 50 year old dressers and sh!t. i was talking about the quality over all. u actually have to drill holes, while drilling it split and the screws didnt catch at all. it was a pain in the @ss. it wasnt what i expected at all. but it did end up turning out ok...

#19 ·
has anyone heard of the fitment with the VIS carbon fiber bezels

#63 ·
I have a set enroute, should be here soon

#23 ·
hardest part is taking bumper off, rest of it is just taking screws out and when putting m&s bezels on make sure u predrill and take ur time and it's easy.

<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>Kamkaze</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">I have the m&s fog bezels and although fitment isn't as good as stock it's pretty damn good, I'm very happy with the looks and fitment</div>
</div>Would you say it's easy to install anyway, i'm buying them.

#25 ·
+1

I'm going to order the Injen CAI tonight and plan to modify my stock bezel. I'll post pics when I finish. It prob will take a while before I can install the CAI because of time and weather. Also, I plan to leave the ribs on the bezel with the chrome stip just FYI.

#28 ·
I've never commented on foglight bezels. Why? Because... Why would you buy foglight bezels from an aftermarket company when you already have OEM foglight bezels that can be modified? Aftermarket is, 95% of the time, lower quality. Then, to add to that, the OEM bezels only cost $15!!! Go buy yourself an extra set if you're not that skillful. Anyway, soon, I'm going to be modifying all kinds of neglected areas of the car. This will definitely be one of them.

I'm interested in keeping the ribs. If you don't plan on keeping the rips, then go ahead and get the aftermarket ones, in that case. Not sure if the factory ones would look good without the ribs.

You can buy a cheap dremel for about $30 from harbor freight, and they work just fine to modify anything as simple as this should be. Should be no problem.

Here's the one I use:
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

This one, also looks good, haven't tried it (I think it's a new product):
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

#33 ·
yeah I only saw it once maybe a month or two back so I don't want to say anything about looks haha
But from what I do remember, it looked pretty good.
we do need pics though

#35 ·
If I had known before I bought the M&S foglight surrounds how poor the quality was compared to the stock ones then I definitely would have modified my OEM ones.

#41 ·
Perhaps they anticipate more people damaging the left?
:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.