Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice on relocating the ECU harness to the cabin in a BK2. I found some examples with the BK1 but the biggest hurdle is the recommended location. There is a plastic cover behind the engine to gain access through the firewall to the cabin. From what I have found the harness itself has the length and the main purpose of relocating it is heat mitigation and it makes access to the USB port easier.

BK1 has some sort of hose that can be moved out of the way to reach a couple bolts and take the plastic cover off.
BK2 has some hard pipe in the way making this seem impossible without a lot more effort.

I presume these are A/C related but the BK2 is not exactly moving out of the way. Curious if anyone has done this and remembers how they went about it I could use some advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just did about a month ago for my Haltech, so yes you can get that cover off without removing the AC line that runs in front of it.

Remove both nuts on the cover and then you can pry the left hand side of the cover off enough to clear the threaded stud and slide the cover right to get it out from under the AC line. You'll have to get a finger or two behind that cover and I suggest using some gloves to protect your fingers. It is not easy to do in the slightest, and you will just have to work it off slowly since you can't pull it straight off. When the left side is over that stud, it still does not just slide right out and you'll have to give it a pretty hard tug.

Once the cover is off CAREFULLY make a slit in the rubber grommet underneath it to pass the ECU connectors through. I say carefully as there is already a good sized bundle of wires passing through it already and you don't want to damage them. I used a scalpel since that grommet is pretty thick, but a razor should do it.

Once that is done, get a buddy to help pass the ECU connectors through the grommet under the cover and through the firewall. That was honestly almost harder than getting the cover off.

Wish I could give you more help since I had the same questions, but as you'll find out that isn't really possible. What I can say is that it is an excercise in brute force to get that thing off, and those AC lines are sturdier than they seem. Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries and thanks for the advice. I'll report back once I've had a chance to work on this. Main goal at the moment is fitting the new turbo, pipes, and lines but I may start working on this now since shipping delays are holding up some parts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, much later and we managed to move the AC line just enough to get the plastic plate removed. I am curious where did you mount the ECU in your cabin?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts