Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It's a generic garbage Chinese catch can that you can by on Ebay for $20.

POS site glass /tubing will develop a leak.
Get this one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a generic garbage Chinese catch can that you can by on Ebay for $20.

POS site glass /tubing will develop a leak.
Get this one

Oh wow ok, thanks for the advice. How difficult is the install on it (if you've installed this particular one before)?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Oh wow ok, thanks for the advice. How difficult is the install on it (if you've installed this particular one before)?
Easy if you not new to fabricating your own mounting

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You will need to get hoses from auto parts store, best to use hoses rated for fuel (they don't get soft over time like others do)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will need to get hoses from auto parts store, best to use hoses rated for fuel (they don't get soft over time like others do)

Actaully one question, what size hoses did you use for it?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I used two different sizes (catch can comes with different niple sizes) I will have to check

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I am from 389 3 duces GTO, 454 Vette, 93 Z28 etc, What the **** goes in ur catch can Sorry my cars age me, Is this some important chit I need to know about

·
Registered
42 Posts
Adding a catch can is really part of a maintenance program for GDI engines. Port injection the fuel washes over the intake valves, keeping them fairly clean, while Direct injection, the fuel injected directly into cylinder so fuel never touches backside of valves. The carbon buildup from the PCV dumping back into intake bakes on the valves and robs your engine of power eventually. The catch can doesn't eliminate all of it, but helps slow it down some. bk2 Gennies are GDI, bk1 are not, and therefore not as critical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts