Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
It would be easier to wire up a relay to a bluetooth keyboard, and have tasker activate the app when a certain button is pressed.

Just use an cam that is always on.

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
Are you compiled the driver for your tablets?
No, i dont know how to do it.

im pushed the easycap.ko via ADB.
( does the easycap.ko compatible with CM10.1? )

EDIT:
shell> adb push module.ko /system/lib/modules/
shell> adb reboot
This is clearly the same person.

·
Premium Member
15,999 Posts
looxcie camera, they have an app to sync their camera via bluetooth to be able to sends and receive video to the phone.

fast forward to about 5:30

·
Registered
16 Posts
(Backup camera) field of view usually about 170 degrees,
we can connect USB-CAM (its cheaper and better) but its about 60-70 degrees,

the looxcie from specs:
•Diagonal Field of View (FOV): 62.1 degrees.

·
Premium Member
15,999 Posts
I haven't found an external wired camera that works with android.

you can change the FOV with a lense.

And the looxcie cam is not cheap. they retail like $120, because no one makes a bluetooth camera.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
This might work to get the video to the tablet (although the picture would be degraded in the conversion process), but the question remains about how to trigger the tablet to open the application to display the video feed when it is needed and deactivate it when it is no longer needed.
car manufactures activate this when the car is put into reverse. This is quite easy to do honestly, in theory.

For manual, you hear the ding, for automatic you get a 'R', do you get a notification in the car? Either way both fire up back up lights. So you have an electronic reaction in all situations.

Starting and stopping the app is the easy part...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi! I have good news for you: CarCam working on Nexus 7 and ready to download the driver for EasyCap. I didn't check because I do not have Nexus 7 (I wish I had bought SGT2 7.0). Everyone who is interested go to: Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - USB Host Power Management - USB Audio - Nexus 7 Development - RootzWiki - Page 104

I was not able to compile the driver for easycap for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and I went the other way. The tablet was installed in car, but for the rear view camera I bought interior rearview mirror with integrated 4.3" monitor (Germid AK-043LA)

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi,
has anyone profile tasker EasyCap when the camera is on/off and the program after the signal disappears is closed ?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts