Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in 8000k 55w hids and wondering if anyone has been pulled over for anything similar?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Yeah it happens. You'll hear people say they never get pulled over though.

8000k have alot of blue in the light, and are clearly aftermarket. All it takes is one cop driving in oncomming traffic to get blinded by the light, before they make a U-turn and whip out their ticket book!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone know the fine in SC?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
I think its about a $100 - $150 fine. They also can make you take them out.

·
Banned
627 Posts
yeah i got pulled over for hids and for fogs lights before, it was like $150 he said but i got lucky and he let me off

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
478 Posts
Way old post but 8500k is illegal, in case someone else reads this.
A few reasons are safety first off,you blind the other driver. Sort of like being illegal to use high beams are oncoming traffic. Second, when the bulb starts getting bigger kelvin rating it turns bluish in color and that's illegal too.
Here's a good info source for those keeping it legal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got pulled over in my S2000 when it was fairly new (1 yr old maybe?). HIDs hadn't been out that long and the cop thought I was high-beaming him but it was just the bumps in the road making the car bounce and the HIDs bounced too so it may have looked like I high-beamed him. The car was on stock suspension and with stock lights. But that was a time when HIDs weren't very common. Today they are all over the place and have probably been supplanted by LEDs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts