Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello. Im wondering if anyone can help figure out what's going on with my ride. I have a 2016 Genesis coupe R-spec, 60,000km. Im getting the error code p2096 and cant seem to find the problem at the dealers. We had the 02 sensors replaced already. The car has a cat back and cold air intake, nothing else since I've bought it. Owned it for a year and its just started this. She does feel lean at times as it will idle rough at odd times and feel like its sluggish in acceleration.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
444 Posts
Since you know exactly how your car was before and after this code. I am including a link for you that hopefully may help. If you already knew this info I apologize.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Dude you have vac leak(s). That will cause everything you have just mentioned. Your dealer must not be too insightful. Relying on codes which may show an element of the problem will not always be conclusive.

Diagnosing the locations of possible breach involve checking all your vac hoses, Plenum, IM seals and gaskets. Using WD 40 can be very effective, as well as cleaning up you engine in the process.

Simply put while idling spray the WD 40 around the suspected areas, if there is a breach the car will stumbleand or stall..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts