Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad day.. I have been running into overheating issues the past year, replaced nearly everything short of the HG. Symptoms never pointed towards HG until I recently saw some oil droplets in my coolant. Not much at all but thats a clear indicator there is a breach. Car still drives fine, decent power, I just have to watch coolant levels as it is constantly pushed out to the overflow and rarely sucked back in. I only overheat when coolant gets low enough.

Anyways, does anyone have a direct download link to the 2010 3.8L Track Shop manual? Or willing to email it to me.

I can get the HG kit and timing chain kit off rock auto for a few hundred. If there's any chance it is something besides HG, feel free to let me know, but that seems to be the only thing left I havent changed out.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
16,201 Posts
Sad day.. I have been running into overheating issues the past year, replaced nearly everything short of the HG. Symptoms never pointed towards HG until I recently saw some oil droplets in my coolant. Not much at all but thats a clear indicator there is a breach. Car still drives fine, decent power, I just have to watch coolant levels as it is constantly pushed out to the overflow and rarely sucked back in. I only overheat when coolant gets low enough.

Anyways, does anyone have a direct download link to the 2010 3.8L Track Shop manual? Or willing to email it to me.

I can get the HG kit and timing chain kit off rock auto for a few hundred. If there's any chance it is something besides HG, feel free to let me know, but that seems to be the only thing left I havent changed out.

Thank you!
If the kits don't include it, get a set of head bolts. OEM head bolts are 1 time use.

It's likely your overheating issue started with the coolant system not being bled enough.
water turns to steam, steam is hotter than air, so on.

Because of HG leaking because of suspected overheating issues, I would check how level the block and heads are, when you have them apart.
HG leak could be caused by the block/heads warping, because of overheating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the kits don't include it, get a set of head bolts. OEM head bolts are 1 time use.

It's likely your overheating issue started with the coolant system not being bled enough.
water turns to steam, steam is hotter than air, so on.

Because of HG leaking because of suspected overheating issues, I would check how level the block and heads are, when you have them apart.
HG leak could be caused by the block/heads warping, because of overheating.
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

I agree with the overheating. After my initial overheating occurrence, I've never been able to fully fill the system. Inclined while filling, running the engine and letting air escape, etc. The engine never seemed to pull coolant back from the over flow. Clamped both ends of overflow container. System holds pressure well. Mishimoto rad installed with 19lb cap.

I only started to see oil droplets recently. And when I flushed the coolant, it isn't a lot of oil. If I topped off coolant daily, I'd never overheat. It takes a few days to eventually be low enough to overheat.

But im tired of that and may end up selling the vehicle anyways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone have a download link to the shop manual? I have finally seen the milky crap in the radiator and underside of the oil fill cap.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,573 Posts
If the overflow will not drawn down when cold then there is a leak that is causing you to be loosing the vacuum created in the block as the coolant cools and shrinks in volume. This is commonly a leaking hose or bad cap. The OE clamps weaken over the years and some rust.

If the system is good with no vacuum leaks and a good pressure cap it will self purge of any air in the cooling system over time. As the coolant heats up and starts to build pressure, air in the in the block will be dissolved into the coolant. As it is pushed out into the overflow the dissolved air goes out with coolant.

I had a Mishi radiator cap and quit using it. One because of the higher pressure made it almost impossible to keep the hoses form leaking, and two because it never sealed good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. I've had the best luck with an OEM replacement cap now that I'm back to my original radiator. I'm flushing the coolant today and there's a decent amount of oil in there. On my third run of water thru the engine now. Going to have to get the job done soon.

I was able to obtain the shop manual for the BK1. Just haven't decided if I'll try to tackle it myself or bring it somewhere to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gotcha. I've had the best luck with an OEM replacement cap now that I'm back to my original radiator. I'm flushing the coolant today and there's a decent amount of oil in there. On my third run of water thru the engine now. Going to have to get the job done soon.

I was able to obtain the shop manual for the BK1. Just haven't decided if I'll try to tackle it myself or bring it somewhere to do it.
do you mind sharing the manual for the BK1 with me if you still have it. Please and thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts