Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen a sealant and something about not using the same hardware idk if any of that is necessary when you are replacing your head gasket or anything else I should buy or do or use any help is appreciated

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,252 Posts
No one is going to tell you to reuse stretch to yield bolts. Though I have. The socket is what you need to get the bolts out. 6" long triple square. I got a 4 piece set at AutoZone for $22.

Duralast 3/8in and 1/2in Drive Triple Square Bit Socket Set 4 Piece
Part Number:
60-900​

·
Sleeper!
870 Posts
ive seen a sealant and something about not using the same hardware idk if any of that is necessary when you are replacing your head gasket or anything else I should buy or do or use any help is appreciated
If you are going through a head gasket replacement make sure to check both the block deck square and head deck square before you just slap a new gasket on and then either new factory TTY bolts or ARP head studs. If you need any parts or such just let me know as we keep everything in stock and on hand as well.

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you are going through a head gasket replacement make sure to check both the block deck square and head deck square before you just slap a new gasket on and then either new factory TTY bolts or ARP head studs. If you need any parts or such just let me know as we keep everything in stock and on hand as well.
like red said no one is going to tell you to re use stretch to torque head bolts, but there is a reason & that is an area you probably don't want to economize in .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts