Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, hopefully this isint a dumb question but I am brand new to this car (only owned Mustangs before now) so I need some help haha.
I have a 2010 2.0. I am not sure as to what package. Have cloth seats. Both seats are not powered. I do have radio controls on the wheel. My main question about the interior. I have the stock head unit and would like to have my own music to listen to. The problem is, the aux port I do believe is shot. It plays but sounds horrendous. The USB port says failed to read (phone is a galaxy S7) My phone is connected via Bluetooth, however I can't get bluetooth to stream music. It is fine with calls though. I haven't been able to come a definite answer to if this year has the ability to stream media via blue tooth. Pic of stock head unit is attached.
ANY ideas on how I could get my music to play from phone. I use SPOTIFY. Or how to get phone to play music through Bluetooth?
Thanks ! Really don't want to spend money on a new head unit...

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can't help with the Aux or BT stream, but the USB port works best with a "automotive" grade thumb drive. The cheap ones tend to get scrambled (or completely destroyed) by the noisy voltage levels in a car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had the same issue. Took the console apart and made sure the plugs were tight and it fixed it. I use a small Bluetooth adapter through the aux to stream music. Built in Bluetooth is for calls only and the usb is next to useless unless u use an old iPod or thumb drive. Once I decide what I want to do with the display screen I’m just going to get a head unit that has CarPlay and the steering wheel control retention module.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2010 Coupe Stereo cannot stream music via Bluetooth. Bluetooth is only for telephone function.
I recommend this [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009OBCAW2?ref_=dp_olp_0&condition=all&pldnSite=1[/ame]
Plugged into your Aux port and then powered via an USB power source.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best head unit to date.

Atoto A6 install in a 2010 Genesis Coupe Using Type B Bezel and relocating kit for Blue Screen.

Perform dash modifications per instructions with relocating kit. A good D.I.Y. is “Derek's Projects: DIY”. Search Google.
Additional plastic cutting inside dash is needed for the Atoto A6 install. Add two 1mm spacers under the Speaker to raise for clearance. I used some plastic nuts. The 134mm depth models will fit with the Type B bezel. Anything deeper won't fit. Cut your mounting brackets that came with the Atoto as seen in the picture. You can utilize the Blue Screen mount holes. Attach the brackets and just snug the screws so you can fit the depth to the B bezel face. Slide the Atoto into the mounting. Place B bezel and check depth. You can remove the bezel and slide the Atoto in or out. When you get the right depth, draw a line with a Sharpie and remove the Atoto and tighten the side screws. I mounted the Wi-Fi antenna to the top of the Atoto Face bezel. GPS antenna near the front of dash by the center speaker. (Hidden under the B bezel). Constant power comes from an Add-a-Fuse and the illumination and ignition power were attached together to another Add-a-Fuse providing on-off with the ignition. In my case, because I have the Infinity Premium Sound System and the integration with the Blue Screen, I didn’t want to replace my Stereo. Backup Camera and wiring were installed per camera instructions. All speaker and steering control wires were heat shrunk to prevent shorting and not connected. I tried an RCA to mini stereo jack with an audio cable into the Aux in jack in the center console. For some reason, the sound was not Rich and had no base. Tried using FR&FL jacks on the back of Atoto. Also tried RR&RL still not Rich. Installed Bluetooth Pair App from Play Store and installed and connected my HomeSpot Audio Receiver. (This unit powers on and reconnects with the ignition). The sound is now Rich and has a normal base. I used this with my initial Tablet install. The problem I have now is that often when I start the car and hit play the sound will cut in and out unless I disconnect the Bluetooth and then reconnect. Random. I never had this problem with the Tablet install. Main apps I use on Atoto are: Nova Launcher, Neutron Music player and VLC Player for Video.
Basically, I’m using the Atoto as a head unit like a tablet. The Tablet install required an app called AutoMateIt, to make it sleep with ignition off. The W-Fi backup camera setup was not very functional. Otherwise, I would have stuck with the tablet. There are also extreme heat and cold temperature issues with most tablets. I’ve tested 4 brands tablets over the last 8 years. Photos..if link does not show copy and paste in your browser, https://photos.app.goo.gl/75E9iHVSqkccWauTA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts