Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 T, I think I have the stock headlights and bulbs but to me they are too dim.I have very poor eyesight so it makes it very difficult to drive at night especially when there’s not a lot of lamp posts. I was wondering if any of you guys can recommend a good brand and good type of bulb, can you please leave some that reflect off of road signs well, Can you also leave the sizes. Thanks I appreciate all the help that I get. And the picture doesn’t do it justice, to me the light pretty bad

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
177 Posts
I'd recommend getting an HID conversion kit. They are much brighter and look better. For the BK1, assuming you have factory halogens, the bulb size is an H11B. Parts stores will tell you it is an H11. Made that mistake the first time listening to them. The H11 has its connectors facing straight out the back, where as the H11B has horizontal connectors.

Typically the H11 HID conversions will just have connector leads coming off the bulb, so you won't have to worry about that.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,033 Posts
Halogens will darken over time so if you are on the original bulbs new ones will be brighter. I like the Phillps brand of slightly high wattage. The last ones I bought for my other car were Phillips Vison Plus.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Halogens will darken over time so if you are on the original bulbs new ones will be brighter. I like the Phillps brand of slightly high wattage. The last ones I bought for my other car were Phillips Vison Plus.
Yes I have heard these are alright.

I recommended HIDs, but I still run halogens myself too. I run Sylvania 6000K Halogens. They claim they are white, but they are still yellowed. They do the job I guess. They seem kind of dim to me, but people flash me thinking they are high beams. They are either wimps, or they are brighter than I think.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Easy fix, plug n play. 3 years warranty Diode dynamics HID low beam replacement,....Gramps LOL!

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Advenio Pariter
3,909 Posts
What about LEDs? My Veloster N came with LED low beams and of all things halogen high beams. WTF? I popped in some LED replacement high beams with the same 6k color temperature. They match the low beam color and really light things up on the back roads. I did have to drill some holes in the back of my covers to allow for air flow from the fans.

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
What about LEDs? My Veloster N came with LED low beams and of all things halogen high beams. WTF? I popped in some LED replacement high beams with the same 6k color temperature. They match the low beam color and really light things up on the back roads. I did have to drill some holes in the back of my covers to allow for air flow from the fans.
It's because LEDs have a poor throw distance.
Driving on an interstate highway with no street lamps at night, you want to have the furthest throw distance when your driving 65~85 mph

It's even worse in snow...

·
Advenio Pariter
3,909 Posts
It's because LEDs have a poor throw distance.
Driving on an interstate highway with no street lamps at night, you want to have the furthest throw distance when your driving 65~85 mph

It's even worse in snow...
I will have to check that out when I get a chance. Normally I am on back roads so these work fine as they throw out a lot of light. I am usually in quasi-wooded areas. Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ive been emailing Diode Dynamics and found a installer for halos if i were to take that route.. im just not sure if I want leds or halo rings 😩😩
Halo rings can not solely be your low beams. You can add them on, but they are a style thing. They are not meant to be used as actual lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Halo rings can not solely be your low beams. You can add them on, but they are a style thing. They are not meant to be used as actual lights.
Ooh shoot
yeah nvm ima just go with the hids then

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,033 Posts
I have halos on my AM lights. They came with halogens but included HID kits. I'm very happy with them. The halos are wired to be on when the key is on. They had some LED DRLs too but they were too distracting for me and I killed them.

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
I have halos on my OEM xenon set of headlights.
I got them because they were $200 for the pair and were damaged (run in with a deer). Included everything OEM xenon.
Plan was to buy a pair of OEM halogens, crack them open and swap over everything xenon...

Not a fan of how they mounted the halos. Luckily the part they drilled to mount them, are swappable

1 - 19 of 19 Posts