Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Been there, but forgot it
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much suck at doing heal and toe, but with some cars, the position and size of the brake/gas pedals allow me to put my foot on brake, and then just roll the right edge of my foot to blip the gas. But with the Coupe, no can do. I am wondering of anyone sells a gas pedal extension that would make it wider, to make this easier?

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered a new gas pedel from SRP Hyundai Genesis Coupe Racing Pedals
$55 for just the gas. Send me a PDF template of the pedal, so I can see what a big improvement it will make.
Allows "big toe, little toe" instead of heal and toe, which is what I have been doing for years.
thanks much PLT_Kev for the reply, you saved my clutch a lot of pain!

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my new gas pedal today, SRP was great to deal with, answered lots of questions, then made it and shipped it very quickly. Will put it in tomorrow.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed this today. I chose to line up the right edge rather than the base, so the base isn't quite flush. I drilled pilot holes for the 3 provided screws. It requires some thinking, as the stock pedal has vertical ridges, and you don't want a screw hole to end up 1/2 way between a ridge. I also ran 2 beads of black silicon adhesive/sealant on the pedal to give it more support. Didn't want to use epoxy in case I ever want/need to remove it. I wasn't really after a bling factor, so I didn't buy the other pedals. This one does exactly what I wanted and it does it well, big toe/little toe downshifting is easy now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yup that extra lip helps a lot. Glad you like them. Most other pedals I researched were mostly just cosmetic and didn't actually help heel toeing.

I'll take some pics of what the entire SRP set looks like. The SRP brake pedal surface area is also enlarged a bit and decreases that gap even more.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
I can actually see the picture now.

Looks awesome man. Did you get a like a blank finish? Doesn't look like there is any pattern or machining done to the surface finish of the pedals.

I'm wondering if getting just the gas pedal would be good or if the full set is worth it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got the base set, it's just a raw aluminum finish. I found they were cheapest at GenRacer but unfortunately they only carry one style.

If you're interested, the manufacturer SRP has many other different styles but they are a bit more expensive than the base raw aluminum.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
I got the base set, it's just a raw aluminum finish. I found they were cheapest at GenRacer but unfortunately they only carry one style.

If you're interested, the manufacturer SRP has many other different styles but they are a bit more expensive than the base raw aluminum.
Wow you weren't kidding, that is a lot cheaper.

Do you find the raw finish to be kinda slippery?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I have a full set too and they help a ton on track. I will be selling mine in a few months when I part out if anyone is interested.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I might be interested in picking them up. Shoot me a PM when you take them off!
No problem. They would be coming off around November I would imagine. I will shoot you a PM then.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Great....right when I start to get the "heel" part down with this thing (feeling like I'm gonna twist an ankle all the time) I see this...... Might have to do this and start retraining my lead foot again ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts