Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
I recently did an factory engine swap, and now my A.c. and Heating dose not work.
The blower fan is dead, So I replaced the Transistor, then the blower motor and fuse to rule out any issues.
Still have no fan, all other fuses seem to be fine, dash shows the blower fan speed being controlled but nothing is happening.

*I'd like to mention that I can hear the compressor turning on when the A.c. is enabled in the car, and same when the heat is turned on just the blower wont turn on.

Am I missing something simple? something in the engine bay? total loss of what to do.

·
Premium Member
16,126 Posts
By transistor I assume you mean motor control module.

Did you try reseating it?

With the headlights on, do you see the climate control buttons light up?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything else functions as it should.
Lights up and dims. NAVI display shows the switchs to be working just no response from the blower. All other functions seem to be fine.

·
13 2.0T
24 Posts
By transistor I assume you mean motor control module.

Did you try reseating it?

With the headlights on, do you see the climate control buttons light up?
Are you some kind of Hyundai Engineer? Every problem on this forum you have some kind of technical answer for :cool:

·
Premium Member
16,126 Posts
Are you some kind of Hyundai Engineer? Every problem on this forum you have some kind of technical answer for :cool:
I've taken my car apart a few times over the years.

Could be a grounding issue or something weird with the body control module. Try unplugging the battery and let it sit for an hour. This should reset it.

HVAC are annoying to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done that already. I've replaced every fuse I can find on the car and I'm now at a loss of what I can do.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,439 Posts
Have you tried bypassing the relay by pulling it out and jumpering terminal 30 to 87? If it still does not work try bypassing the module and grounding the motor. Should blow on high speed. Be sure to use 14 ga wire.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fyi this was the resister thing I replaced.
*from RockAuto.

I don't want to bypass it. Trying to fix the problem. Is there a link to where I can get the full pdf if the wiring and system so I can trace the problem?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,126 Posts
Fyi this was the resister thing I replaced.
*from RockAuto.

I don't want to bypass it. Trying to fix the problem. Is there a link to where I can get the full pdf if the wiring and system so I can trace the problem?
He said to do that to see if it's an issue of the motor not getting power.

At this point, I would go through the it with a multimeter and see if the motor is getting continuity.

There is a possibility that you just have a bad HVAC motor.
Have you reached in there and spun the squirrel cage to see if it's stuck (while everthing is off)

·
Registered
77 Posts
The schematic Red posted above IS the factory schematic.
The "resistor thing" is the FET, and it controls the fan speed (on the ground side) as signaled by the button module.
IF the schematic above is correct IE: the way the car is actually built (something I've questioned in the past), than there are 2 fuses that need to be checked,
NOTE that one (the 40 amp one) of them is part of a 9 fuse package.
1) Check for power at pin 30 of the relay. None, means the 40 amp fuse is blown.
2) Jumper from pin 30 to 87 (if that relay really exists, can not locate it in my car), should run the fan (or at least put power to the motor). If you can't locate the relay, skip to the next step
3) Check for power at the input of the blower motor (pin 1). If none, work backwards toward the 40 amp fuse
4) If power is there, jumper pin 2 to ground. If the motor now runs, the problem is on the ground side.
5) On the FET, jumper between the 2 power leads (the fat ones, the skinny ones go back to the control module). If that causes the motor to run, the FET is open and needs to be replaced.

Note, FET's normally fail "shorted", which causes the motor to run at one speed all the time.

·
Premium Member
16,126 Posts
Just re-read the first post.

Could be that the wire could have gotten pinched or pulled during the engine swap.

You never know...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have a photo of said wire I should be looking for? Dropping the car off at the shop tomorrow cause I can't figure this out.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,439 Posts
Smart Junction Box. The relay may be soldered in and Solid State.

Connector locations

Connector pinouts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts