Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just made an account to post on here, and I need some help please!! I have a 2.0t Automatic 2013 gen coupe with a blown out engine. I got in a little accident and was driving about 35-40 mph, saw some construction debris on the road, I swerved left and fell in a small trench. the impact hit my bottom front bumper, but little did I know I did more dmg than just the bumper, because I thought it was fine. it took me last night to realize it, before it was too late for my engine. 3 days laters, I was driving on the freeway last night and as I was pushing past 70 mph, my whole car started to slow down and shut down, it wouldn't go any faster, smoke coming out of my hood, I was very scared. my car does not turn on anymore, there is leakage of oil, coolant, and I don't know what to do. I pulled over to the right of the freeway called Triple A insurance to tow me home. I went to an auto shop this morning, and told me it would cost about $4990, to replace my old engine with a used engine, radiator, gasket cap?

I bought it from the Hyundai dealer as certified used and my broken engine has 40k miles on it. Can the Hyundai dealer help me with this one? Even though my car doesn't start, I would have to get it towed over there. Or should I just pay the 5,000 to the autshop and call it? I'm pretty confused I don't know where to look for an old engine, or a new engine, I need some advice please. My insurance is also TRIPLE A, and my deductible is $1,000, so i hope they would be able to cover the rest of the repair costs which is $4000+ even if i don't have it covered, i would still pay the 5,000 but i wanna know from you guys. i cant install it myself, i know nothing about cars, and it was too late for my engine because i never had a service engine light on, or could see anything too big leaking from my car. yeah lol a lot of reading

·
Registered
331 Posts
It wouldn't be covered under the warranty because it was due to an accident.
But, it would be covered under your Collision coverage of your Auto Insurance. But, it will be considered an at fault accident and you will probably end up being surcharged because they will not be able to subrogate to recoupe the cost of the repairs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The guy who posted above me knows his stuff. The dealer will not be able to help you out in this situation at all, sorry to hear about your ordeal and the fact that you literally have no choice but to come out of pocket. I suggest you start scouting online for used engines bud, not only does this suck but unfortunately it’s your only option if you don’t want to go through with what the shop you visited opted for you.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If your willing to deal with higher insurance premiums, then pay your deductible and have your insurance take care of it. If not pay the 5K and have the independent shop do it as long as their reputable and you get a professional estimate in writing before any work is done. You say your not particularly car savvy otherwise I would recommend purchasing a good used engine either online or local and swapping it yourself. This would be the least expensive option by far even if you had to buy some tools and equipment from Harbor Freight or someplace similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts