Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, but figured I'd ask. I'm looking at a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8, and can't figure out what trim it is. It has the deck-lid spoiler and brembo brake upgrade. Are these options that anyone can add to the R-Spec or Grand Touring trims, or are they only available with the Track trim?

Thanks!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Does it have leather? And what do you mean by deck-lid spoiler? Is it just a small lip or is it an actual spoiler with a brake light? The spoiler and brembos is a Track package. But I have seen an R-Spec with the track spoiler added on, so the only difference would be fog lights, leather, HID etc...

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
There was no 3.8 R-Spec in 2010, only in 2011.

You can add the wing and Brembos to a base or GT but it will be a lot more than just buying the track version. Track also comes with limited slip diff which is a very nice addition.

The 2011 3.8 RSpec comes with the wing, Brembos and Limited Slip but doesn't have cruise, sunroof, heated seats, premium sound, etc.

·
Registered
879 Posts
This is true, I didnt realize he put 2010 in there... LOL Track is the way to go ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks for all of the great info!

Here is the listing. Maybe you all might glean some additional info from it?

vwoffortmyers.com/used/Hyundai/2010-Hyundai-Genesis+Coupe-5d42578a0a0a00650178a1cb02900834.htm

·
Registered
5,364 Posts

You can add the wing and Brembos to a base or GT but it will be a lot more than just buying the track version. Track also comes with limited slip diff which is a very nice addition.

The 2011 3.8 RSpec comes with the wing, Brembos and Limited Slip but doesn't have cruise, sunroof, heated seats, premium sound, etc.
The 3.8 R-Spec does not come with the wing. Only the track does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a somewhat related note, how do you guys in this thread feel about manual vs. auto? I've been trying to find decent manual transmission cars in my area for a while now, without much luck. Seems like everything on the market is automatic. The only thing that kept my interest in the car listed above was the semi-manual mode.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
On a somewhat related note, how do you guys in this thread feel about manual vs. auto? I've been trying to find decent manual transmission cars in my area for a while now, without much luck. Seems like everything on the market is automatic. The only thing that kept my interest in the car listed above was the semi-manual mode.
Now is the time were you really need to start using the search feature on the forum. There are plenty of threads regarding the manual/auto topic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair enough. Thanks for the information thus far, you've more than answered my original questions. You seem like a knowledgeable and helpful bunch. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would avoid the manual tranny on the 2010 GC. There have been a lot of problems reported on this forum and some have even had the transmission replaced. Even when it's working, the manual tranny is not that pleasant to shift certainly compared to other makes. I've driven manuals for over 40 years and would have bought another but wound up with the six-speed auto in my GC all because I did not like the manual in the GC. The ZF auto is a pretty decent tranny and the paddle shifters allow you some semblance of manual shifting.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Despite there being people who have had their transmissions replaced and have issues, there are still a lot of us who haven't had ANY issues with theirs.

My transmission has NOT had any issues and I have a 2010 2.0T (I do not know what the production date is though, may be a 2009 for all I know). This vehicle will be 2 years old in April.

My transmission is smooth, no grinding or other issues. When it's brutally cold, yes it will be hard to shift until all the fluids are warmed, but that's not an issues specifically with these cars, it'll happen to ANY car in the freezing cold.

All my vehicles have been manual, 1987 CRX, 2007 Honda Civic, 2002 Subaru Impreza. My Genesis shifts and feels so much better than all 3 vehicles.

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
Don't be afraid of the manual. I commute 2+ hours a day in slow city traffic, and I haven't regretted my m/t for a second. If the manual wasn't an option, I would have bought a different car.

It really comes down to what's important to you.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Track 3.8 Manual is the way to go. Hold out until you find one.

·
Registered
143 Posts

No wing on a 2011 3.8 R-Spec.

It does have fog lights, which differentiates it from a 2.0 R-Spec when debadged.

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
It is a 2010 3.8 Track Edition. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
2011 Track M/T no issues here!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts