Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 3.8 Genesis coupe R-Spec that is completely stock, for now. I plan on keeping it as long as possible so I want to work on it. The dream is to eventually add a turbo, and I know how ridiculously expensive it is so that’ll be last on the list (if I do decide to peruse it). For now, I would like to install other mods (exhaust/intake/etc.) that could still be used IF I do get a turbo. When it comes to mods, I’m not sure which brand to get because I want to get the best/strongest performing mod but will also perform well if I do get a turbo. Basically, I just need guidance on what mods to get on my way to possibly getting a turbo. I’d greatly appreciate the help

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Intake, only true cold air intake on the market is from 3point8performance , all others are short ram intakes - take take in hot air from engine bay.

Good exhaust - solo performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,557 Posts
I have a TROS booster and got it on aliexpress. This is the one I have but I think there is a new version. Not sure what it has that I don't have now. Once you have it a while you will spend most of your time at one setting. I change mine as the weather gets colder in the winter but that's it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Other than the Tros, dont buy anything.

If you go turbo you will want to go the highest quality. There is no other sensible option for that than the Turbo kits ,com route.

I say dont do anything because you dont want to be incrementally redundant.
Turbo kits.com only uses premium proven stuff, ie Prescision turbos, vetted custom exhaust makers etc.
The kit done properly will have:

-Custom headers for the turbo kits custom exhaust piping.
-A true custom made cold air intake for the compressor wheel. So really dont waste any money on crap ass aftermarket intakes which dont do shhit.

Read my build, you ll see what I mean.My point is dont waste a bunch of money on small steps, when the big step later will force you to get rid of them all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other than the Tros, dont buy anything.

If you go turbo you will want to go the highest quality. There is no other sensible option for that than the Turbo kits ,com route.

I say dont do anything because you dont want to be incrementally redundant.
Turbo kits.com only uses premium proven stuff, ie Prescision turbos, vetted custom exhaust makers etc.
The kit done properly will have:

-Custom headers for the turbo kits custom exhaust piping.
-A true custom made cold air intake for the compressor wheel. So really dont waste any money on crap ass aftermarket intakes which dont do shhit.

Read my build, you ll see what I mean.My point is dont waste a bunch of money on small steps, when the big step later will force you to get rid of them all.
This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your response. So there isn’t any other mod to get than In the meantime that won’t require me to get rid of later? Also, what tros should I get? Is there a high-end one that I can get that will eventually fit well with the turbo?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey I made her turbo, then I bought the Tros,.........Read this to see how to change her over.

Here we go again post #15 forward,.......enjoy the ride.

The true cost of your turbo kit will be about 9 to 11,000 dollars depending on whether you are a MT or an AT.

** Its So much fun to do, turn from Dr Jekyll to Mr Hyde !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts