Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im having issues with the transmission for bk2 8speed.
I had a leak in my transmission line to the transmission cooler located by the radiator.
Lost fluid, topped it off with fluid.
Plugged up the T-line with gasket maker and some o ring seals from oreillys, gave it 1 hour to cure or harden up the leak... so far no leaks.
Now the real problem is the transmission is being stupid
Park works
Reserve works but i had to rev it up to 3k for it to move
Neutral works
Drive feels like its not engaged at all, when it does i give it up to 3.5k for it to jerk and move a bit then after moving for a bit it goes into 5 gear and just stays there.
Anyone had this problem? Or what to fix it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds like you are low on fluid. After you filled it, you have to go through all the gears until it reached operating temp. Check check it again. And it must be perfectly level, side to side and front to back.

·
Premium Member
15,281 Posts
So im having issues with the transmission for bk2 8speed.
I had a leak in my transmission line to the transmission cooler located by the radiator.
Lost fluid, topped it off with fluid.
Plugged up the T-line with gasket maker and some o ring seals from oreillys, gave it 1 hour to cure or harden up the leak... so far no leaks.
Now the real problem is the transmission is being stupid
Park works
Reserve works but i had to rev it up to 3k for it to move
Neutral works
Drive feels like its not engaged at all, when it does i give it up to 3.5k for it to jerk and move a bit then after moving for a bit it goes into 5 gear and just stays there.
Anyone had this problem? Or what to fix it?
Are you sure you used the correct ATF. Automatic transmissions in general are REALLY finicky about which ATF is used.

·
Premium Member
15,281 Posts
Owner's manual specifically states:
GS ATF SP-IV-RR
or
HYUNDAI genuine ATF SP-IV-RR
of the 3.8 automatic. Couldn't find which fluid for the bk2 2.0 auto.

If the redline D4 doesn't specifically state that it's compatible with SP-IV-RR, then that is likely the issues

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
CERMA ATF for any and all comers. Exceeds anything made anywhere. Mine is bullet proof, pushing this Turbo 3.8 all over the place, engine braking all the time.......................But I keep her cool as a cucumber, that is the key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts