Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order a set of vossen wheels CV5 but i need someone to confirm is these the right sizes

wheel size :
F 20x9 ET20
R 20x10.5 ET25
bolt pattern 5x114.3

and what are the best tires for those wheels ?

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
is these the right sizes
LOL

If you're asking if these wheels will fit, then yes. If you're asking if these will be flush, then yes. If you're asking if these are super aggressive, then no.

As far as tires, the "best tires" is all up to what YOU want. Performance, All-Season, Cheap, Expensive, stretched, meaty....

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL

If you're asking if these wheels will fit, then yes. If you're asking if these will be flush, then yes. If you're asking if these are super aggressive, then no.

As far as tires, the "best tires" is all up to what YOU want. Performance, All-Season, Cheap, Expensive, stretched, meaty....
Thanks for your reply Tilley
And please could you explain some stuff to me, i am not from the US and since I got my car I have been reading in this super good forums, so what do you mean by these expressions FLUSH, STRETCHED, MEATY

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
I'm about to order a set of vossen wheels CV5 but i need someone to confirm is these the right sizes

wheel size :
F 20x9 ET20
R 20x10.5 ET25
bolt pattern 5x114.3

and what are the best tires for those wheels ?
Thanks for your reply Tilley
And please could you explain some stuff to me, i am not from the US and since I got my car I have been reading in this super good forums, so what do you mean by these expressions FLUSH, STRETCHED, MEATY
Those wheels will fit on your car perfectly. First let's explain some terms:

Flush - When you're looking down the longitudinal profile of the vehicle (from the front to rear) the wheel/tire sit "flush" to the fender. They're not recessed and there's no "poke" (sticking out).

Stretched - When the tire is "stretched" and not "square" on the wheel.

Example of square:

Example of stretched

Meaty - A large "ratio" tire. This gives you a lot of sidewall and maximum rim protection.

This would be considered "meaty"

Now with that being said, you have to tell us the look that you're trying to achieve in order to give you a solid recommendation on what size tires to run. I personally have a very "square" look to mine. (i'll post the pictures later. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking for them on my HD and can't find them, lol)

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those wheels will fit on your car perfectly. First let's explain some terms:

Flush - When you're looking down the longitudinal profile of the vehicle (from the front to rear) the wheel/tire sit "flush" to the fender. They're not recessed and there's no "poke" (sticking out).

Stretched - When the tire is "stretched" and not "square" on the wheel.

Example of square:

Example of stretched

Meaty - A large "ratio" tire. This gives you a lot of sidewall and maximum rim protection.

This would be considered "meaty"

Now with that being said, you have to tell us the look that you're trying to achieve in order to give you a solid recommendation on what size tires to run. I personally have a very "square" look to mine. (i'll post the pictures later. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking for them on my HD and can't find them, lol)
Thank you very very much for taking the time and explain it to me, now i can really understand what's being said in the forums.
And for the look a Vossen dealer in my city suggested the tires size to be
225/35/20 front
275/30/20 rear
What do you think?
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts