Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I just installed my isr O2 housing and ISR downpipe. Install went fairly well, I feel like it is aligned properly and the whole system doesn’t shake or wobble. I did notice a weird smell and some white smoke coming from the engine bay after install though. I’m not sure if it’s all the penetrating fluid or maybe some plastic is melting from the heat but it is noticeable. (It is way hotter in the engine bay now).
As for the exhaust, I do hear some rattling/rumbling coming in at lower RPMS or if I go over bumps and stuff. I did notice slight leaks coming from the mid pipe area. Maybe it’s that? Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys,
I just installed my isr O2 housing and ISR downpipe. Install went fairly well, I feel like it is aligned properly and the whole system doesn’t shake or wobble. I did notice a weird smell and some white smoke coming from the engine bay after install though. I’m not sure if it’s all the penetrating fluid or maybe some plastic is melting from the heat but it is noticeable. (It is way hotter in the engine bay now).
As for the exhaust, I do hear some rattling/rumbling coming in at lower RPMS or if I go over bumps and stuff. I did notice slight leaks coming from the mid pipe area. Maybe it’s that? Any ideas?
I’d maybe try to check for exhaust leaks and go from there. How long have you been driving on it for?

Here’s a link to how to check for leaks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d maybe try to check for exhaust leaks and go from there. How long have you been driving on it for?

Here’s a link to how to check for leaks.

yeah there’s a couple spots in the mud pipe area where there is slight air whizzing out. I’ve been driving it for a couple days since the install of the down pipe and ISR O2 housing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe try to seal that up with rtv then test it and see if there are leaks closer to the engine
Okay I can try that. From the O2 housing to the mid pipe, I’m good with no leaks it’s just at the secondary cat. The ISR gasket is too big for the secondary cat so I used the OEM one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Or maybe even realign the entire system cuz I also have it rumbling against the rear frame
Yea if your motivated that’s probably the best option. I’d put that rtv stuff on every connection. I put it on my downpipe and testpipe when I installed because my gaskets were kinda funny (still used the gaskets though) and it’s been a year with no leaks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea if your motivated that’s probably the best option. I’d put that rtv stuff on every connection. I put it on my downpipe and testpipe when I installed because my gaskets were kinda funny (still used the gaskets though) and it’s been a year with no leaks.
Does it just go where the gasket would be? Like where the two pipes connect right on that seem?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey guys,
If you bought these new, it's normal for them to smell after install - it's oil/fluid residue from the factory. I remember when I installed my catback it smelled like weird popcorn for a few days after install. Thought my car was going to light on fire lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you bought these new, it's normal for them to smell after install - it's oil/fluid residue from the factory. I remember when I installed my catback it smelled like weird popcorn for a few days after install. Thought my car was going to light on fire lol.
Yeah that exactly it!
Also, do you guys think I could drive it to the tuning shop when it’s running this rich? My fuel economy is absolutely wrecked right now and I was going to get a tune done. I’m just wondering if it’s safe to drive or get it towed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you have a manual but have to drive far just get a canned tune. Running too rich in this economy is money out the back:/
I was waiting to install my o2 housing, down pipe and test pipe then I was only going to drive to get my AFR tune. I’m not looking to tune it like crazy. Just a tune that would work well with the air intake and turbo back exhaust. Is that possible?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was waiting to install my o2 housing, down pipe and test pipe then I was only going to drive to get my AFR tune. I’m not looking to tune it like crazy. Just a tune that would work well with the air intake and turbo back exhaust. Is that possible?
Yes it's possible. If you aren't driving far you should be okay. Otherwise I'd look to get an ECU shipped to you that is already tuned for a downpipe and intake setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes it's possible. If you aren't driving far you should be okay. Otherwise I'd look to get an ECU shipped to you that is already tuned for a downpipe and intake setup.
Unfortunately this shop requires you to drive in and they do all the pre tune testing and tuning in housing within a day. It’s about a 30 min drive but highway driving. I know alpha speed is good, but I’m only wanting to adjust the AFR to make the turbo back actually perform well. I am truly scared to mod/up the power after I hydro locked my last engine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Unfortunately this shop requires you to drive in and they do all the pre tune testing and tuning in housing within a day. It’s about a 30 min drive but highway driving. I know alpha speed is good, but I’m only wanting to adjust the AFR to make the turbo back actually perform well. I am truly scared to mod/up the power after I hydro locked my last engine.
Custom tube will be good. A 30 minute drive should be fine just stay out of boost

1 - 20 of 23 Posts