Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and need some input on making a decision to trade my 08 Altima coupe for a 2010 Gen coupe. I bought the Altima about 9 months ago because my 06 Eclipse was becoming a money pit. The Altima is a V6 auto and has about every option available. My biggest complaint is with the CVT. When I first drove it the feel was different obviously because the CVT shifts seamlessly as opposed to a conventional auto tranny, but the real annoyance is what some call the rubber band effect. Hard to describe if you haven't driven one, but it's basically the transmission using engine braking to keep the rpm constant at about 1500. The main purpose of this is to achieve superior MPG, which it fact it does. I have sort of learned to live with the quirky CVT but a new issue has come to light that is really making me take a hard look at dumping the Altima. I discovered recently that Nissan has a problem with defective head gaskets on their V6 engines produced in the 08 and possibly later model years. I don't think mine are leaking now but the thought of possibly having a $2000 ticking time bomb under the hood has me really nervous.

Anyway, bottom line is that it looks very possible that I can make close to an even trade for a 2010 2.0T Gen coupe. Granted the Genesis won't have all the bells and whistles the Altima has but I think I can live without the moon roof and leather interior.

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
xFa
446 Posts
welcome to the forum. test drive one. im not sure what your looking for in a car, if its MPG, dont expect to get high MPG if your foot is always in the floor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum. test drive one. im not sure what your looking for in a car, if its MPG, dont expect to get high MPG if your foot is always in the floor.
Forgot to mention that I did test drive a 2010 2.0T and was quite pleased with the car overall. It didn't have the power of the Altima's 3.5 but that's to be expected and at this time in my life I'm not so much into performance as I am styling and dependability. MPG is really not a factor either since I probably only put about 10K miles on a car in a year.

·
xFa
446 Posts
so if your not looking for power, performance, mpg, your just looking for style and dependability? If so I could see trading for a GC. if you mod it the way, you can get it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts