Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed my tee in front of and behind the check valve and I'm not getting a blow off when I rev the car. I plugged the original line going to the solenoid with a bolt and worm clamp.

I am getting the BOV to actuate at idle by pulling the hose on and off of the nipple. At idle, the BOV remains open. How should it normally operate at idle?

I've tried putting the tee on both sides of the check valve with no luck. Which side should it be on? Should it be on the white side of the check valve, or on the black side of the check valve.

The only other thing I did was install oil catch cans. I was unsure of the hookups for the catch can. In vs out. Would that affect anything?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it was on the wrong side in that picture. I tried it on both sides with no luck. Turns out my coldside pipe blew off and we didn't notice. Hard to blow off if you aren't building any boost....

Once we fixed the boost leak I could blow off from the solenoid or the intake manifold. I went ahead and used the source from the intake manifold.

I did have to fix some of the vacuum lines on the solenoids. Turns out the previous owner that put the new oem turbo on the car got some of those wrong. This is probably why it was throwing a check engine light for the solenoid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts