Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I’m very new here, just purchased a 2012 3.8 Coupe Grand Touring. While the car is in great condition and has been a blast so far, the previous owner installed an aftermarket Pioneer radio/navigation and it has ruined the functionality of the cars stereo. The center console’s usb and aux port don’t do anything.

The car is also equipped with the automatic AC controls so I am not able to see the climate settings since the pioneer screen does not display that information; I just spin the automatic AC knob and hope it goes to my desired temperature.

My question is whether anybody knows of a way to get the ac controls to be shown on an aftermarket screen. What kind of aftermarket setups do you guys have? Is there any way to replace the automatic AC controls with a non automatic I buy on eBay?

Pictures attached of the aftermarket radio as well as some appreciation for the beauty of this car.

Thanks!

·
Bill
579 Posts
You'd have to install an Oem head unit somewhere for the climate control.
Should be able to hook up the other things if the radio supports it.
Few people do this due to those issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

I’m very new here, just purchased a 2012 3.8 Coupe Grand Touring. While the car is in great condition and has been a blast so far, the previous owner installed an aftermarket Pioneer radio/navigation and it has ruined the functionality of the cars stereo. The center console’s usb and aux port don’t do anything.

The car is also equipped with the automatic AC controls so I am not able to see the climate settings since the pioneer screen does not display that information; I just spin the automatic AC knob and hope it goes to my desired temperature.

My question is whether anybody knows of a way to get the ac controls to be shown on an aftermarket screen. What kind of aftermarket setups do you guys have? Is there any way to replace the automatic AC controls with a non automatic I buy on eBay?

Pictures attached of the aftermarket radio as well as some appreciation for the beauty of this car.

Thanks!
I have the Tesla 6.0 Android radio with no A/C controls as well but the 8.0 version has the A/C controls .
Android 8.1 Car Radio GPS Head Unit For Hyundai Rohens Genesis Coupe Auto Car Navigation Video Multimedia Video Player Aliexpress.com

·
2010 3.8 GT
12 Posts
You can have that top screen and the bottom screen on at the same time, the top screen is where the climate information is displayed. I'm unsure why the previous owner would have disconnected that one? I have an aftermarket stereo system in my 2010 gencoupe with the same climate control setup as you and although the temperature outside no longer displays everything else still works. I'd go back there and make sure the previous owner didn't do a botched job, it's really easy to get in there as well. One last thing, if you want your steering wheel controls to work (if they don't already) this tool on amazon made it work for me, the price has increased by like $40 though.

Edit:

I neglected to mention that for the AUX and USB to work you will have to run an AUX and USB extension from the back of the stereo through the trim and replace the existing outlets with the extensions, it's a fairly big job and not necessarily worth it. This also only works if the aftermarket stereo has those inputs going out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts