Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a injen short ram intake, i checked all the fittings everything is right and where it's supposed to be. When i accelerate i hear it sucking in air very loud but there's no release. Lots of sucking but no woosh or bov like sound. Is everything ok or did I do something wrong?

·
Registered
Genesis Coupe 2014 2.0T Premium
69 Posts
I have the Injen SRI on my 2.0 bk2 and I can definitely hear a woosh when releasing gas pedal. If there is no sound when releasing gas after WOT, there might be a problem with the recirculation valve... do you have an aftermarket bov or stock recirculation valve?

·
Registered
Genesis Coupe 2014 2.0T Premium
69 Posts
Just put in a turboxs rfl
Your BOV spring might be too tight and not allowing the valve to open(I don't know if turbo xs use different springs for different pressures or if the spring is snug against some shims(washers)).

Also, maybe there's a leak on BOV vac line.

I really don't think your problem is due to the sri because the "woosh" you are hearing is from BOV or recirculation valve.

Maybe you can try to reinstall the stock recirculation valve and see if there's any sound difference. The stock one is also louder than most aftermarket BOV when hooked to an sri.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts