Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions about where this build should go, I’ve searched the forums and haven’t gotten a good or real answer for this question. So I’ll tell you what the mods are. I have a 2010 GC 2.0t with an upgraded turbo. Garrett gt2871r to be exact. IHE. Full turbo back exhaust. BOV. And a stage 2 clutch. I’m pretty sure there’s better injectors. And a front mount intercooler. There was a SFR canned tune on the ecu. But I have to get a new ecu which rises the question if I should get another SFR Tune or if I should get a CMD dynojet Tune. I already have the plug n play system but it isn’t running a tune. I’m trying to go with the easiest option for reliability and some fun. I’m not trying to make crazy numbers as it is a DD. Just something that I can make around
18 PSI. I’ve thought about a controllable wastegate. But I would just like to know what route I should go, tuning wise. Or should I go to a tuner? Idk really I’m not trying to break the bank.

·
Registered
591 Posts
With all your mods I would go for a custom tune from reputable tuner .

·
Registered
486 Posts
While you can certainly use your car as a daily, it has many upgrades that put it a notch above a no nonsense 100% reliable daily.

You definitely need to get a custom tune

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive looked around and cant find any good tuners around my area. The only tuner I can find does tunes on Haltech tuners. I currently do not have $2000 to get the tune and ECU. What should I do tuning wise in the meantime??

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ive looked around and cant find any good tuners around my area. The only tuner I can find does tunes on Haltech tuners. I currently do not have $2000 to get the tune and ECU. What should I do tuning wise in the meantime??
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Go check with Alphaspeed, the offer remote tuning and have lot of dealers. Custom big turbo tune will cost you around 650 bucks

Look for them on fb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts