Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New owner of a 2013 3.8 GDI.

Look forward to modding. (All over again).

Was the proud owner of a 300 plus whp VT. ARP head studs/gasket. SST turbo full methanol injection. Car was destroyed by a 75 year old man who fell asleep at the wheel at 1100 am. Fortunately for me he was USAA, I'm USAA. The insurance company totaled her, and covered my hardware aftermarkets, (YUP:smile:).

My Gen is a GT. A 2013 with only 19K miles. All the bells ans whistles. The sticker was 39K when new ! I took her for 18K out the door, YEAH. Still carries 5/60 warranty. I purchased her from the same dealer I bought my VT from.

I already have the SOLO catback headed this way. I was torn between the ARK GRip. (looks). and SOLO (sound). Since I have 4years experience with SOLO, they stand behind their stuff with no exceptions. **I read a couple of threads here of guys with ARK quality problems, and the company did'nt honor them. See ya !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Been loving the sound of my SOLO exhaust for near the life of the car , and the fit is spot

·
Registered
206 Posts
New owner of a 2013 3.8 GDI.

Look forward to modding. (All over again).

Was the proud owner of a 300 plus whp VT. ARP head studs/gasket. SST turbo full methanol injection. Car was destroyed by a 75 year old man who fell asleep at the wheel at 1100 am. Fortunately for me he was USAA, I'm USAA. The insurance company totaled her, and covered my hardware aftermarkets, (YUP:smile:).

My Gen is a GT. A 2013 with only 19K miles. All the bells ans whistles. The sticker was 39K when new ! I took her for 18K out the door, YEAH. Still carries 5/60 warranty. I purchased her from the same dealer I bought my VT from.

I already have the SOLO catback headed this way. I was torn between the ARK GRip. (looks). and SOLO (sound). Since I have 4years experience with SOLO, they stand behind their stuff with no exceptions. **I read a couple of threads here of guys with ARK quality problems, and the company did'nt honor them. See ya !!!
Welcome aboard. I had a 2014 VT R Spec. Just bought the girlfriend a 2017 N/A value edition. She wanted economy car with coolness,lol. I love my GC,BUT I miss the lightness of my VT R Spec where I do most of my driveing and rideing, which is on tight mtn twisty roads. I'm keeping a close eye on the next generation VT, .If they keep the three doors, drop in a 2.0T and install IRS, I'm getting one,.Otherwise I'm keeping my GC.

·
3point8 Performance
2,620 Posts
Welcome. Check out my upgrade path for 3.8 and stay tuned at the end of the month for a comprehensive write-up on my build once I have final numbers.

Top tip: Don't waste money on an intake. Money better spent else where.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you could do it again!!!!

So,

Guys with 19 inch aftermarket wheels. What would you buy if you could do it again. My oem 18 wheels will be my winter setup.

I'm curious to hear those that have,...do you like what you have, or would you have gone different with hindsight now?:wink:

Oh, where do we put our own build or development threads here?

·
3point8 Performance
2,620 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im focusing more on the aesthetics of this car first.

That way I can get my mechanical bearings with this platform.

Initially, and quite quickly it will have the basics. Catback/r2C,..SFR canned tune. Colder plugs.

Turbo kit is in the future for sure.
So is pure meth injection.

Just checked tracking, SOLO will be here tomm. DAMM !!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Step two

Solo system is in. Great quality, easy install. The ARK test pipes should be here later this week. Then she will sound like I want her to.

I have removed the race stripe and all its glue in preparation for the paint shop Monday. Here is the hood with the faux vents removed

The pint of paint shown is 375.00 $$$!!

Interesting point. Just the vents out has led to 83 F intake temps on its own. Just in the short time I have had this car. I noticed oem everything intake temps ran at about 94 to 99 F.

Also shown are the CF functional vents which will be installed after the paint!!

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Damm it. Here are the V2 CF vents from Import shark.

Makes a 12 to 15 F IAT difference, even in a fully stock Gen. Makes sure you email these guys on availability. They did deliver mine in less than 3 days.

***Hey, if one of you moderators could move this entire thread to the build thread I would appreciate it.:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is really cool.

I was able to make my calipers GLOW from my UV light rings.

This pic was taken in a lit garage. In the dark they glow twice as bright.

The wheels were successfully Chameleon painted as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh YEAH !!!

Germaine to the discussion from the new turbo kit thread. I'm using this thread because it has the better pic loader.

Turbo kits .com is here !!!!

Busy prepping the hot pipes,....baking ceramic coating, and wrapping with titanium. Waiting on the custom headers made for the Turbo kits.com kit and the BTRcc ECM and (drumroll) companion trans TCM tuned together in Korea !!

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad Assery

My Gen looks SICK,...pretty soon she will BE SICK !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just arrived

Here they are,

Tuned in Republic of Korea together,...by argubly the premier tuner of Gens in the world.

(From the other boosting thread,..this is part of the reasons to use Turbo Kits.com)

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance........yes it costs a little.:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
"Arguably" is correct lol. Alpha speed is doing great things. And sfr travels to Korea all the time. I would go with alpha custom tune any day of the week.

1 - 20 of 318 Posts