Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 299 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,623 Posts
Awesome color! A Stock Camaro SS will spin pretty bad on a hard launch. Try a 1LE with the wider, stickier tires. It should beat you off the line then! I've never spun in mine.
I run RE71R 285-35-19 ,I don't spin much, already smoked a 1LE and a SS ,both V8's .>:D Oh, almost forgot ,beat the living $hit out of a Z28 2015 .

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Wider slicker, but not as wide as mine LOL. SHOULD is a very uncertain word. This dude was a spaz, he totally stomped,...and cucumber me, jezt a tiny squeezzz then a lunge. I was gone. Perfect traction. Remember I can bounce her off 7200, not many shifts for me for sure.

I love this damm car.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Analysis

So the verdict is in on so many things, with the new suspension setup, the wheels and the tires.

1. Handling, markedly improved, car has no lean whatsoever in corners and curves even at high speeds. It begs to be gunned out of sharp curves.
2. Traction/grip, Car is a slot car, claws on the pavement. One friend of mine calls my car "the whiplash car". Rear is so responsive to throttle.
3.Operational turning radius. No change from the smaller oem rubber.
4 Gas mileage. Slight reduction with the greater rubber. Car could do 32 mpg easily without skimping. Same course and inputs gives 29.5 mpg. Butthole mpg before was about 23, butthole now is about 21.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
What's but hole mpg?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Driving like a butthole.

Incessant ramp launching,...threading the needle four lanes over, passing like 15 cars,...from the right he-he -he.....
Wow, you just described my daily driving.
Tend to do it more so in my tuned Explorer TT as opposed to Gen - probably because Gen makes too much noise, more of a cop magnet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
CERMA update

So my car has been CERMA treated for a while,

I used the CERMA engine treatment as soon as I purchased her. The initial result after the turbo conversion/CERMA oil transiton was to increase the vacuum. Part of this of is an outward indicator of the CERMA increasing the cylinder compressions because of even finer tolerances from the Sic coating it develops at all wear/contact points.

The old vac levels NA were -19 hg when warm at idle.

Turbo conversion with CERMA pushed that to -23

Now I moved up to CERMAXoil ,......... after a month on it the new vac levels are -26 !! Engine is getting better and better.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #228 (Edited)
Road racing is looked down upon......

But I just slayed a Mercedes V8 AMG. Lets just say he was rather rude and wouldnt allow mw to merge. So, I double dropped and Boosted out 7.5 psi. I was in manual so I was shifting around 7,000. He tried to be a dick, big V8 fast car maybe new or at most a year old. flagship AMG .

My Gen took the lead straight away and kept increasing the distance. Until he hit his limiters at 149,...then it was truly goodbye to him.....

Man he must have been astonished,...my Gen just left him like he was standing still. I wont say how fast I was going................But my gal was like OMG,....your car is so smooth at that speed. BAM !

The setting was a four lane loop called I - 465. It involved about 26 miles, which I covered in about 8 1/2 minutes.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Heavy work

So the Kameleon painted areas have been nothing but Jet sealed, and Caranuba waxed.

Yesterday we purchased a bunch of Carbrite finish products. Lots of prep work involved. Carbrite is a preferred new car dealer chemical network. Not for retail, you have to find a disributor, but they are national. Their stuff is amazing.

So I washed, dried, then hit all the Kameleon areas with clay bar until they were slick as a babys ass. Then I hit the involved areas with Carbrites Take off. Its a paint solvent base which cleans everything, removing ant wax, sealer, oils, evapoates completely dry and clean.

I the worked Carbrites Ceramic coating into the areas. 7-10 drops per 2 x 2 square foot area.
-3 minute tacky
-followed by a short nap micro fiber buff, 2 minutes
-tight nap polishing cloth, stuff hardens before your eyes. GLASS. 5 years worth

My car was shiny but LORD ! This is redonkulus. Surface is rock hard, slick,...wont chip fron typical road flying debris etc.

Ask some of these guys on here who had their car ceramic treatedhow much they paid,....EEEK!

Carbrites kit is for professional installation, so, go foward with great courage.If you F-ck it up its on you ! HA......>:D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Whats next

Well in the future,..............Im 35 and change K. A plug change will come at 45K, NGK race. We will install the 3.8 performance riser because we are in the neighborhood, and maybe even pull the entir manifold and have it ported and polished,...why not.

Then I will be able to show you guys silver clean ass intake valves from pure meth..................YEAH

Also the R1 concepts fancy ass big brake kit coming this X-mas.
Merry X-mas to me mutha fukka>:D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #231 (Edited)
Aesthetic additions

Spent the day adding new effects to the headlights, and the front bumper cover and spoiler. Vehicle has three separate and distinctive looks. Per the lighting and or sunlight, these three can become like 5 looks.

1. Did the headlights in neo black Dragon laminates
2. Coated the front bumper with a gentle shift purple to green
3. Coated the rear lower diffuser in symmetrical themes with the front bumper and side view mirrors.
4. Added 3 D effects to the spoiler in front.
5. Waiting on a front center trim piece I'm redoing.

Yes video to follow when Im all done. This stuff will off gas for 21 days before I can ceramic coat them.:smile:

***I replaced the stock horns with PIAA super bass.

I also reduced 50% of the intake piping to the compressor wheel, and added a 8 inch wide velocity stak. Superior suckage, friggin basketball through a straw !!! ( I magine that with a ported intake and a riser ! Its coming this fall winter.)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #232 (Edited)
Items

So when I bought the car it only had one key fob. I purchased a new one and had it programmed when I picked up the car. The original fob stopped working, my H guy confirmed it was bad. I ordered a new one off of Ebay,(53 bucks), intially I called my dealer who advised it would cost 60 bucks to program.

I went on a Monday am at about 0945 or so. I pulled into the service bay,......rumble rumble pop, pop. The whole showroom emptied out into the service bay to admire the unicorn,..(at least 8 prospective Hyundai buyers). Then all the service techs started coming in to admire the local Gen they'd heard about. It was a party in the service writing bay. I don't know what model of Hyun the customers were there for, but they all were taking selfies with my car..............The salesmen were the odd ones out, they were in there, just in the background loitering.(I guess they know they cant sell any of these anymore huh,...LOL). They sure arent going to refer them to KIA up the street for a Stinger are they ?!!

So The current master tech came in with a laptop and shortly thereafter the fob was programmed, the car never moved, all done in the service writing bay. I was there about 20 mintues, the service manager handed me my new fob and said,.."here you go, have a nice day,..she's some ride". On the house. I guess my car as a sales prop that morning, LOL.

***Oh and can I mention how great the AC systems are on these. Its hot as balls here now consistently. I always just run outside air in, set at 70 F the fan on like 2. My car is like a meatlocker.

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Bill
579 Posts
yeah, mine's a local celebrity. not like yours but it got some attention the first time it came in wrapped. never got me a freebie tho...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
New is not always better

So I drove a Stinger today,....nice car,...but............Mine is sooo much better. Not even close.

I also found out that our block at least,..the 3.8 is now the powerplant for the KIA Teluride and the Hyundai Palisade.That is testament to its ruggedness for sure.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
So I drove a Stinger today,....nice car,...but............Mine is sooo much better. Not even close.

I also found out that our block at least,..the 3.8 is now the powerplant for the KIA Teluride and the Hyundai Palisade.That is testament to its ruggedness for sure.
Not better in what way?
Generally most reviews seemed like hype.

idk what to make of the stinger

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #239 (Edited)
-Its not quicker out of the hole
-Its speed to 60 slow
-Its 60 to 100 sucked compared to mine

(It is an improvement over the NA though)

My road test dude who will go nameless agrees, I let him do a couple of WOTs and a ramp launch in mine.

He stated : Yours is a different animal.

I expected more out of the 3.3 dual turbo, especially down low. (Crapass bushing turbos). The transaxle is waay slow.(more Hyundai/KIA slug ass TCU programming). I guess I'm just spoiled.
No wonder Turbo kits is developing a uprgrade turbo kit for this.

(**Thank you SAM LEE !) wherever you are.........................

This car maybe three years old low miles, do a big turbo upgrade and all the other junk too. No way new. The bad thing is the GENs are using this too.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
-Its not quicker out of the hole
-Its speed to 60 slow
-Its 60 to 100 sucked compared to mine

(It is an improvement over the NA though)

My road test dude who will go nameless agrees, I let him do a couple of WOTs and a ramp launch in mine.

He stated : Yours is a different animal.

I expected more out of the 3.3 dual turbo, especially down low. (Crapass bushing turbos). The transaxle is waay slow.(more Hyundai/KIA slug ass TCU programming). I guess I'm just spoiled.
No wonder Turbo kits is developing a uprgrade turbo kit for this.

(**Thank you SAM LEE !) wherever you are.........................

This car maybe three years old low miles, do a big turbo upgrade and all the other junk too. No way new. The bad thing is the GENs are using this too.
For the turbo.... what did you expect? Lower compression and turbo lag...

221 - 240 of 299 Posts