shorttrack
1,623 Posts
Wet system only.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #262 (Edited)
Sh---it !

So I ceramic coated all the parts I just had ported. I also had them "annodized" coated, with a high heat "coating. The phenolic gasket was placed on top of the riser ( which I want to be engine heat heated), separating it from the plenum ( which I wanted cool as I can get it).

The reasoning for this is down the road when the DRY nitrous will be injected just after the TB, flood the plenum with cold ass inert nitrous. It then is sucked into the hot riser where it is mixed with atomized methanol into eack valve head.

Anyway. Sunday was a Colts game. The lady wanted a slice of keylime pie from Shapiro's Jewish deli. It was the end of the third quarter. I jumped into the T GEN and boosted my ass down there before the game started letting out. Got it right quick and boosted back home, final entry off the highway was near 140. So I get home, pop the hood, put my hand on the plenum,...its COLD to the touch !!!

HOLY **** !

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
On the fly

So this new system is proving to be right on the money.

The porting and polishing and the riser have demonstrated increased air flow. Hard numbers demonstartion via true after the turbo AFR's.

Its interesting to see the ECM commanded, adjacent and in real time with the true AFR gauge.
I defintely have great leeway with the meth, I can increase it even richer than the previous, or allow it to previous trims, or even lean it out. Especially at WOT values. This will prove itself upon the inroduction of nitrous.

My riser with six meth injectors can be dialed in using the boost activated system to provide quick prescise increases or decrease.

We are taking a lesson from history for our setup. Millenials look away,...you might feel accosted or uncomfortable....LOL.

The fastest single engined piston aircraft in WW2 was the Nazi's Focke Wulf Dora version of the TA 152. This aircraft was faster than the allies first jet the Meteor. And NO the P-51 or the P-47 were'nt even close. This piston engine aircraft could reach speeds of 495 mph at nearly 40,000 feet. ( A B-29 could only reach 30,000 feet).

This aircraft had a Junkers inline V-12 inverted with Methanol injection,(like we have),...it also was the first servicable fighter to see action which used "NITROUS".
The nitrous was introduced into the system at the compressor side of its forced induction which was compressed and then passed through an intercooler before making its way into the engine. It too was mixed with methanol just prior to cylinder induction..............Hmmmm sound familiar. This is exactly what I am going to do.

Deutchland Uber Alles.:grin:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
This new format is goofy...

So today Black Friday, I made all kinds of purchases for the year.

Bought:

-Dry nitrous system with 10lbs tank to start,...I 'll probably end up buying a 15 lbs tank
-ZEX purge kits and accessories. (My opinion, ZEX items seem higher quality than the others).ZEX and Nitrous outlet were the most knowledgeable and helpful in a real time way. The tech guys were all operator afficionado's, you coud tell.
-Intercooler sprayer with SS lines.
-Nitrous "push" button assy.

-The Mishi billlet oil filter adapter,....its the first time I saw it for under 200 bucks.
-15 row oli cooler with SS lines, and a puller fan -10 AN. Provides a 50F drop.
-BAT mocal thermostatic sandwhich plate. This one opens at 190 F..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Holy Crap !

All the stuff I ordered a day ago is here already !!!

Summit racing. I know Indy is a hub for USPS/Fedex/UPS but damm !!!!

Oh one more thing,.........CONICAL oil seals. Used for any AN fitting. They are a perfect leak proof seal in any high pressure/forced induction/fuel/ nitrous AN fitting. Made of copper or aluminium, they fit over the male end of any AN fitting, made to size i.e. -8 AN, -10 AN etc. They fill the gap between the beveled edges of the AN fittings and act as a crush/lock washer.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Did some consult calls today:

1. Prescision turbo. Asked for their input on dry nitrous sprayed BEFORE the compressor wheel. They were in full support of. (I guess alot of diesel turbo guys do this.).
2. Jessie at Tkits.com. Bounced my ideas off of him.****He's recovering from back surgery,...you dudes keep him in your prayers. Hope for a full trouble free recovery.

So all this car talk got me excited, its dry here, about 40 degrees or so. I pulled her out and went for a ride. Now I have driven her since all my updates were installed but,..................Lordy lordy in a chicken basket.

Everything ECM and boost T is the same since before the port/polish/riser/methx6,.....buuut she doesnt act the same NOW.

First. I always see ambient. I have never seen one degree below ambient ! At full operating temp driving for about 30 min like a bat out of hell cars temp read 40(on the console).
My torque app showed the intake temp at 39 !!! I have the same shitty slow oem sensor you guys have, with no modification on the intake pipe before the TB. Anecdotally I have felt the plenum to feel cold after shutting her down the times I have driven her. This since the modifications. This included ceramic coatings and heat proofing the underside of the plenum.
This has nothing to do with the meth, its not sprayed until the riser.

Second. The increased air from the porting has her running leaner for sure. (No worries, I just adjust my meth).
Third: Where the hell is all this boost coming from,YUK YUK. So before the mods, I would see 7,5. With the same boost T adjustments now I saw 9 psi three times tonight, and whoooa. Was about 35% relative throttle position too,in sixth gear. Jeez felt like a wrist rocket! I'm imagining the new mods and the really cool air, and of course my incredible fuel mix. Sonuvabeotch.

Uh yeah,...this is before the NITROUS..........................................Thanks Korean dude who tuned my stuff,...........MAN.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #269 (Edited)
Key fob part two !

So last year one of my fobs went bad. I found a good source for oem fobs. My dealer eneded up just doing it for no charge after a feeding frenzy from their staff on the car.

Fast forward to last week. My second "original" fob started acting up. It would intermittently show "no key detected". I tried replacing the battery. Nothing improved, Sooooo, I just ebay ordered from the same vendor. It was to my house in three days.

I showed up at 2 pm today in the service bay. Skillman Hhyundai is now also a full fledged Genesis dealer too. Once again every tech flowed out of the service bays, then the salesmen. The programing took like 5 minutes. Selfies, pics, ooh, ahh,...The lead service writer called me over to his desk, gave me my reciept and said have a nice day ! Thats twice. No charge.:p

PS,...the Pallisade is a gorgeous SUV. If I had rugrats still I d buy one.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #270 (Edited)
The wearing or lack therof is the reall story on my big rear tires. Cooper RS3's they are UHP summer tires with reall good hydroplane resistance. At this point I thought I could see wear. I anticpated uneven wear because of the wheels but no.
Keep them at 35 psi, theyare keeping a truly centered imprint treadwise. Go SSR !

Note: They are designed for use above 50 F. If it is colder I have to be cautious not to spin my ass at te drop of a hat. I do drive the car in winter, but only when the roads are dry, with no salt/snow around.

I have all my oil cooler/oil adapter/SETRAB SS oil fiter stuff waiting for the next oi change to install. I will also attach the IC sprayer for my nitrous system then since the front bumper will be off. I will also install the nitrous sprayer at the intakes velocity stak. By the time the heat comes around she will be plumbed in. All the nitrous stuff in in my office spread out on the floor.
**I really have the nitrous for the hotter weather anyway.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
For those with a build, turbo or not this is as good as it can get. It has like four times the flow of any manufactered filter, and it filters to 30 microns. Better than any fabric or paper filter media made. The rare earth magnet in it is super powerful so forget any metal flakes grit etc. This filter allows the "Carbon guard" tm in CERMA to trap the carbon in your filter. One can remove and see it,....its amazing.
I wrote this article for the inventor of CERMA during use in my Super VT. Got to see it to believe it.

No,...Im not a salesman,...I ve used it for going on 12 years now in my Jetboat and both my turbo cars. Nothing even remotely like it on the planet.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Another item, gathering parts.
I have a Y pipe made by ISR which will mate to a TOMEI single pipe titanium system. Loud as F--k. It does come with a detachable/installable silencer so I can drive through Mo ass states like OHIO where the Ohio highway patrol would stop your ass.
Tomei also makes an exhaust filler for the unused pipe section on the rear diffuser.
There will be no resonators just the huge TOMEI blued muffler, the turbo spool will be out of control !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I read the first three pages then the last two to see how current this thread was. Are you on any of the genesis coupe pages on Facebook? Or do you have an Instagram? I’m not going full balls to the wall with my genesis as you are, but I’m sure trying to find more inspiration for my car as I build it for the track, and love to watch others progress in their own builds. Not gonna lie, at the beginning of the thread when you said you were gonna boost it I thought “okay sure whatever” then two posts later you had the parts. Thank you for following through with what you say you are going to do. I’m Jared carter on fb btw if you ever see me post on there.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
I dont do the social media in the fullest sense. I am on this forum, thats it. Yeah, I went direct to threat on this car.......
and never turned back since. I 'd post so many more pics but the pick loader sux on this forum,...and I'm not paying any money to do so. So every so often, I'll link a vid.

When my Tomei system goes on it will be a vid for sure. Those things are wicked,...they SMOKE any exhaust on here. The titanium has a sound that nothing else has, very unique.

I love my SOLO stuff, but lets face it it cant compare with a true titanium TOMEI big 4.5 dia pipe, NO resonators.

I dont track my car, nor will it ever do a 1/4 mile. Read the body of this thread there is so much information. More to come too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh when I say track I mean the ones with twists and turns. I enjoy that moreso than a 1/4 run down the track. I’m also sure my isr single exit can’t really compare to the tomei titanium single, but I sure love mine! Factory exhaust manifolds with primary cats, but I just added test pipes. Nice and throaty. I’ll be sure to go through the body of the thread. Also nice choice going with 3p8 performance parts. Dustin is a solid dude. Knows his stuff. And loves to see people doing great things for the community. Look forward to seeing more of your build in the future!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
So I put this in another thread. Its is proof of how clean PURE meth keeps a GDI. This pic was taken on my super VT with 70,000 miles on it. Yes , silver, nothing else.

I know of no one with meth/water which has ever had these kind of results or proof of it.
So when I did all my IM work I took my T-GEN apart. It was even more shiny than the above.

***Well what do you know, the new pic loader works............................

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
So here are some pics of the IM/plenum/riser work.

Notice the SIX separate methanol injectors. Each is capable of 240ml/min. Adjustable on the fly at my methanol controller which is adjacent to my actual wide band AFR pod.

So one AEM 250 ml/min cleaned her of 19K NA miles of valve gunk, to silver polish. Now she is drowned in the stuff upon boost. This is how you keep your internals like new. The response from squeaky clean valves in a GDI is amazing, let alone with crazy boost.

Notice the copper gaskets.
The parts are ceramic coated, baked, then high heat annodized coated and baked again.

Purty ! aint she

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Mood rocks. So with varying light my car just changes,changes, changes. If you dont like the color. All you need to do is change your eye view or the lighting.

261 - 280 of 298 Posts