Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
View attachment 75283 View attachment 75283

CERMA s effects.

So here is what a fully treated, ran in, CERMA oil then CERMAX oil is like fully warm at idle. Look at that vacuum. -26hg. As yu know a super strong vac means ultimate compression. Show me another non CERMA genesis with a idle vac like that,...NOT !
(Yep, the AFR is lean,.....idle with ported IM and new monster exhaust).
Lol if my afr read that lean at idle I would want to shoot myself. 14.7 is the only thing I need to see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Any reason why you added only 18ml (.6 oz) of nano vs 1oz as per directions?
Noticed it is marketed for turbo cars and is added twice in 1 oz increments.
Was wandering if same applies for NA or NA needs only 1 oz???

Treated my 3.5 TT explorer with engine treatment, time for nano.
Now also need do the whole thing with Gen engine/nano.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #304 (Edited)
The 8ml or 1/4 oz was at the direction of John. My purpose was to treat the engine main bearings. This in a fully treated car. So my 6266 is theoretically treated by the main engine treatments and the CERMA oil. Adding the nano even in the small amounts have made crazyness in the turbo.

Theoretically Nano is specific to bushing turbos like on the oem 2.0Ts, or ceramic BB's. Apparently the **** works crazy on steel BB turbos too. I saw 10 psi today again at moderate throttle,.....eeeek! Yeah !
I can report that where I normally saw 6 to 6.5 like when I'm just passing someone,...is now a 8 psi event. Yeah I need to re adjust my boost T ???...............aaaaah NO?

So John said 8ml would do the job,.....yeah it did the job. Your 3.5 TT I would do one full oz. over two oil intervals.
So yes, 8ml for treating NA bearings.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #305 (Edited)
Lol if my afr read that lean at idle I would want to shoot myself. 14.7 is the only thing I need to see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Its no biggie, as soon as I give any throttle my Korean tune drops those AFRs into great power territory, still safe though.
Its cool to see ECM commanded side by side with "actual" readings.

Keep in mind the heavy additional fueling is whenever there is boost, and its pure meth 110 octane AKI paradise EGT cooling methanol.
Even if I had a solenoid failure, when they fail the meth just flows like chocolate sauce into a engine with bulemia.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
HID low beams are in , they are awesome. What a wide field of view. The frequency of light color is so superior to halogen. Who needs brights.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Walk down memory lane.................

Ran across this, this is what a 319 whp super VT sounds like. This car taught me what I wanted to do to my GEN. It was a fun car. 1.6 liters,.....man what a beast. Turbo pushed 28 psi.

BTW it was stock internals,......super turbo tuned at 24K lasted to just under 80K. Totalled by some old fart falling asleep at the wheel.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Walk down memory lane.................

Ran across this, this is what a 319 whp super VT sounds like. This car taught me what I wanted to do to my GEN. It was a fun car. 1.6 liters,.....man what a beast. Turbo pushed 28 psi.

BTW it was stock internals,......super turbo tuned at 24K lasted to just under 80K. Totalled by some old fart falling asleep at the wheel.
Wonder if new veloster with 2.0 has more potential. Hopefully those 2.0 s are made better than those in Gen.
If only H build their engines like Ford does for their trucks, EcoBoost engines.
Mine 3.5tt explorer will run 10psi partial throttle 50% acceleration while towing at 14.7a/f. Those new 2.7l are high carbon iron blocks and run some major power with just a tune and exhaust (over 500wtq)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #309 (Edited)
With the German dude that took over Hyundai s N bureau I guarantee the innards of the Veloster N are improved drastically. If you inspect the vehicles factory tag the inclusion of "performance package" is the dead give away.

For those of you that dont know this German dude Albert Biermann, is a F-cking genius. He created all the famous BMW "M" cars. He then went to work for Volkswagen, which if you dont know is like the largest German auto maker which owns Audi and "Bugatti",.........ah yeah.

So if you remember back in the midst of the dumb ass Obama administration, a bunch of tree huggers in Virginia figured out that Mr Biermann had made Volkswagen T-GDI diesels "smart".
By "Smart", the ECMs knew when they were being emissions tested, and would cut fuel to pass. BUT,.....to please owner operators like us all who want power, the car would revert to its awesome tuning when actually being driven,.......Dude is a F-cking genius. So lame-ass VW, apologist f-cks fired him.
Hyundai was like,"Oh ****, this guys a genius", we'll hire you ! As a matter of fact we will make you in charge of our performance division. We will also let you staff and create a auto development lab in Germany for us.
That is why the Veloster N was developed directly at Nurburging, and I guarantee the innards are much more stout. WORD !

The Veloster N says it produces 278 ish whp, I d say that one could pull near 400 wth the stock innards. Hyundai is so conservative with their outputs with their warranties the way they are. Im all about high risk high reward.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I love this post, hes my hero for how he did his work around regarding the ridiculous ever increasing emissions laws. Alas the E.U. is poised to basically force everyone to go electric by heavily taxing any internal combustion vehicles entering cities that dont meet the latest emissions laws.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Well it was chemicals ordering day. They will be delivered tomorrow. All my T Gens fuel needs get purchased with my Costco visa which gives me 4% cash back on anything fuel. My Chems Co. is listed as Conoco-Phillips 66 so it qualifies as a "fuel" purchase. Its pretty neat to be paid back for money you would spend anyway. My first certificate was 180 bucks.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
So the "new" function on here apparently is a gateway for communist Chinese dis-information about COVID-19,......LOL!!!

We cant read Chinese anyway,......then again we here in the US,..we get the Chinese talking points from CNN, MSNBC, and NBC,...................Ha ! Its funny how those three mirror the China positions exactly.

Hope all you guys are doing well, keep your families safe. Use this time constructively doing things together you normally would nt be doing. It strikes me funny, its like going back to 20 years ago. When my girls were little, every day all the kids were home playing in their yards. Now since schools are out/day care is cancelled,...all the kids and dogs and noise. I kinda like it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Ordered some rigid collars and bushing shims from 3.8 perf. Also bought one of those Tros potent boosters.

Car already acts like its supercharged, can't imagine what this will be like.Wrapping up some of the details now.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
Zippity-do-da

Like my car needed to get more responsive. This thing with all my cars other features is perverse. Holy mother of goodness. All I can say is HA 5-6 is nutso. Just touch that pedal at a stop, its a launch,...not a start.

Plain drive is like sport mode, just think about going faster when in gear, and the car downshifts. Thats in drive, I haven't screwed around in sport mode.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For sure, the Tros Booster is the best (and first) "mod" you should install! It's the best $130.00 you'll spend on your GC. I feel like the HA 3-5 setting is just what the throttle response should be. Any of the more aggressive settings, like RA, are nearly undriveable, for me anyway. I always turn off the traction control, not stability, and put
in Sport mode. Much of the time I use the paddles.

ominousone

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #316 (Edited)
I messed with HA-7 and 8, I was laying rubber,....................................:oops:

In the interest of full disclosure, for all you torque app nazi's like me. Since installation when I do my startup scan three historic codes show. They dont cause a CEL but they are in there, a product of the booster.

One is a throttle actuator,. ha go figure. The other two are non descript.
Translation, the ECM is like WTF !!!

This thing is fun. It makes your car drive around like,....."YOU WANNA GO BRO !"

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #317 (Edited)
So the big ass oil cooler is on. Mine is 150% of the Mishimoto cooler. I ve got black aramid weave -10AN lines going to the plate with a 185 F thermostat. The system gives me 2.5 extra quarts of oil,...so no more high rpm oil starvation possible here,...YEAH. This is fed by a SETRAB Hyper flow Stainless steel 25 micron filter which has five times the flow of any manufactured oil fitler. So better filtration and five times the flow to feed the engine above 6K!! My oil cooler is so large it rests on the top of my intercooler, between a layer of non vibration foam.

**This is what I have noted so far. The car runs as normal, the CVVT oil temp gets to about 182F, then whamo the circuit opens up and I'll be driving along at 167 F oil.
(I was racing around above 100 mph, boosting,for at least an hour the CVVT oil 170 F,
ATF was 98.6F, coolant was 177F.

You see the block at the thermostat holds a constant temp of 185 or warmer, the circuit stays open and even with the car telling everyone to be 180 or so the oil volume brings it down even more.
***We all know the point of this is in the hotter months my temps will be awesome despite the heat or me driving like an ass.

When your oil is cooler, the trans fluid is cooler,...and between those two then your coolant stays between 177-181F.

If I turn the ATF fans and oil cooler fans on,...oh brother down she goes. Once again, this gives me the ability to self engineer my engines temps in even the hottest conditions.

PS-- I have a bypass for the winter months,......yep.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
The next thing,.....

So I had a few drops of coolant below my lower hose hose clamp. I had changed it. It was fine for a while, then I saw some again. Piss me off. So I just ordered some new Mishi silicone hoses, ah they were the original oem BS from 2013 anyway. Plus, that gives me a good reason to dump the Mishi super chill and replace it with non other than,.........(drumroll) CERMAX pure coolant. Made for heavy duty turbo diesel semi's. Theres some proprietary chemical magic which stops "hot spots" in the cylinders.( I talked with CERMA John). Has a ridiculous boiling point by comparison to any retail coolant made today.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
It is Sunday,.......

The weather said it was to be a crap rainy day, they dont know what they are talking about. Its near 70, and mostly sunny.

I got to install my 3.8 bushing shims and rigid collars.It was a very straight forward install. I will say though that the knuckle-head that assembled my front end put about 200 ft lbs on the front 19mm sub-frame bolts. Thats OK, I have a 400ft lbs breaker bar, and I'm a neanderthal. Oh the noise when they cracked open, fortunately they are class 10 bolts.
All 4 were like that. I guess they thought if they torqued the crap ot of them the front end wouldnt move around,LOL.

The rigid collars went on slick, lubed up with CERMA grease. The torque is what Dustin said to use 90 ft lbs.

I went to get some Korean take out, merging on a ramp in 6th. Got more aggressive than usual,...I actually saw 11 psi !!
Any boost in this car is a surge,...but when you push 8 psi or higher it is neck snapping. Wow this damm thing is stupid fast.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Space tech.............
My valves are silver, but silver isnt good enough. We are going to insure the valve stems/seats and their mechanism is maxed out. How are we going to do this ?

So we have six direct injectors just pumping pure meth any time the car even thinks about going into boost. We are going to "treat" the methanol itself.

How ?
By introducing proprietary and pure unbinded STM3 molecule.
STM3 is one of the proprietary ingredients of the CERMA engine treatments.For our purpose though we need "unbound" STM3. By unbound I mean it is not "solubility activated yet. This way it will be the sole ingredient added in pure methanol.

What will it do. It will coat the entire internal valve chamber and valves/stems/springs/cavities/seats. The high tempuratres will cause it to actually penetrate and coat the metals. Remember there are no solids. The heat will cause the armor coating that nothing can stick to. (Yes this goes for the internal cylinder, rings,) Its consistent presence acts like CERMA oil in that it consistently repairs and rebuilds any breach as time goes on.( Now from the fueling side) Remember STM3 makes any conduction of heat more efficient. No it does not effect the spark gap or plug.

We have been fortunate to acquire this patented proprietary ingredient, and more importantly the process and measures to make this super methanol. I am so pumped.

301 - 320 of 331 Posts