Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

341 - 344 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Bad ass..................

Painted, clear-coated, acetone on the windows, acetone on the connection side of the louvers. Let the car sit in 90 degree full sun, rear window is hot as f-ck.
Use the super strength full one inch 3M automotive adhesive. Press on one side, hold. Bow the second side, pull the tape liner and on she goes !

Left her in the sun for five or six hours.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Here is the technical stuff for 3M automotive double sided tape:

There are a few types, and the strength varies. The strongest is the series 5952.

One square inch of this stuff can hold 55 lbs, when cured correctly on a properly prepared surface. So picture two adhesion lanes on my louver left and right. Both lanes are at least 32 inches long by 1.5 inches wide. I use another layer of .5 inch wide 5952 with the 1 inch wide 5952. Do the math, holy **** thats alot of strength.

-20 minutes after application, it has 50% of its tensile strength.
-24 hours of curing it has 70% of its tensile strength.
-72 hours it has 100% of its strength.

Thats at 72 F. Push the 90 F plus and the crap is accelerated substantially, especially with a few hours really fucking hot followed by the cool down of night.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
The car was in the drive curing in the sun. It was parked in the opposite direction I usually have it. So from the street, the rear was visible. The six year old across the street named Cooper said he really liked my new car, but wanted to know what I did with the other car. I told him this new car swallowed the other car like a big fish...........!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
I did add a rubber trim leading edge on all the in board sides of the fins. I also trimmed in the entire assembly with black silicone. Very professional fitted appearance.

341 - 344 of 344 Posts