Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
Bad ass..................

Painted, clear-coated, acetone on the windows, acetone on the connection side of the louvers. Let the car sit in 90 degree full sun, rear window is hot as f-ck.
Use the super strength full one inch 3M automotive adhesive. Press on one side, hold. Bow the second side, pull the tape liner and on she goes !

Left her in the sun for five or six hours.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
Here is the technical stuff for 3M automotive double sided tape:

There are a few types, and the strength varies. The strongest is the series 5952.

One square inch of this stuff can hold 55 lbs, when cured correctly on a properly prepared surface. So picture two adhesion lanes on my louver left and right. Both lanes are at least 32 inches long by 1.5 inches wide. I use another layer of .5 inch wide 5952 with the 1 inch wide 5952. Do the math, holy **** thats alot of strength.

-20 minutes after application, it has 50% of its tensile strength.
-24 hours of curing it has 70% of its tensile strength.
-72 hours it has 100% of its strength.

Thats at 72 F. Push the 90 F plus and the crap is accelerated substantially, especially with a few hours really fucking hot followed by the cool down of night.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
The car was in the drive curing in the sun. It was parked in the opposite direction I usually have it. So from the street, the rear was visible. The six year old across the street named Cooper said he really liked my new car, but wanted to know what I did with the other car. I told him this new car swallowed the other car like a big fish...........!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
I did add a rubber trim leading edge on all the in board sides of the fins. I also trimmed in the entire assembly with black silicone. Very professional fitted appearance.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
Heat ???

I took a trip to the lake today to do some boat maintenance in prep for a whole weekend of wake surfing. Its in the mid 90's here now with 100 plus heat indecies.

I actually saw my ATF get to 131 F for a bit after a few boosts. Turned the fans on, she dropped it right down to 122 F LOL ! 131,....oooh thats blazing................NOT.Hahahaha.

The CERMA coolant, anytime Im coasting down any kind of incline, I see 172-176 even in this hot ass weather

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
So the other night I went to light up everything,....noticed one of my HIDs wasnt lighting up.I was like Dam !! Diode dynamics warranties these thing for three years. Man I hope the ballast hasnt went. So I pulled the headlight off the front,sure enough it was the ballast, but...............the connector had just worked its way loose,HA ! So I re-connected it. Sealed it with some T-Rex tape. Job done !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would anybody happen to know the part numbers for the lines needed for the ISR EVO 8/9 kit, I bought a brand new ISR RS TD05 20G turbo? I've been piecing this exact kit i have the manifold and brand new turbo and downpipe but I need the lines and brand new gaskets. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
Interesting anecdotal observation on my Yamaha jetboat.

It has been full CERMA treated for 11 years. CERMA oil the whole time. This Labor day weekend I (Sat), I went wake surfing. Enroute to my surf area I did some haul ass mode. I have a cable limiter on both engines. I have always held them at 8,000 rpm at max throttle. Last time I was at the boat I introduced CERMA nano into each engine. Very small amounts, to treat any non ferrous bearings that might be in the innards.

Nothing was changed adjustment wise. With all the same inputs the bearing treatments enabled the boats engines to reach 8,500 rpm max throttle,.....................WOW.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
Just hit 50 K.
29,000 miles on the Turbo conversion.
Topped off the 5 gallon pure methanol tank with STM3 in solution.
Will be doing a full oil change tomorrow. Vacuum pump the oil cooler as well. Use CERMAX with 12ml of Nano.
Clean up the Setrab re usable oil filter, remove all the carbon that has built up in there.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 · (Edited)
Did the oil change.
Must point out how reliable these turbo kits are. Seriously,...a 600 hp 3.8 with stock innards.

Biggest advice is : Fueling, Fueling, Fueling. If you are going to add boost to high compression pistons, you MUST have adequate AKI fuel.

The reward is throttle response, and turbo spool up. My turbo loudly spools at 1100 rpm and engages like a supercharger.
Then again I bought the Tkits custom headers too, and shi-t canned the CATS.
I have a buddy who has a Hellcat,...he drove my car and told me he got the same "acceleration" and G force feel from mine putting out 37 percent throttle position.
He also said my transaxle is insane.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Fun factoids,

So working on our 3.8's turbo charged or not, are really not that bad. Some places it cramped, but the overall layout, and access is not tooo bad. Case in point.

A buddy of mine has a 2018 Ford Explorer. His low beam LED lamp went out on the passenger side. To get at it (headlight housing), he had to :
1. Jack up the SUV, remove the front passenger side wheel.
2. take the wheel well liner apart.
3. Disconnect the entire front bumper fascia.
4 Remove the upper radiator shroud.

Then and only then he could remove the headlight housing. Turns out the only "bulb" thats replaceable is his high-beam which are halogen. The low beam is a built in LED, thats a unit. The unit goes for 625.00 for one. Oh yeah and there is what amounts to a "ballast" attached to the bottom of the unit, but doesnt come with the unit. Thats another 175.00.
(For a stupid mother--f-cking low beam)!!!!! Judas Priest. I will never complain about Hyundai again, I promise !

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Ahh goodbye nice weather,

Today is going to be 80 F. Probably the last of the season. The T-Gen is going to rocket me to my twin engined supercharged jetboat. We are going to to the last day of wake surfing. I'll put in my order for my jetboat to be pulled, winterized, and put away till next season. Its rained a bunch in the last week so the water will be, lets say,..........invigorating upon entry to say the least ! But OOOOHH how I love it !

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,674 Posts
Ahh goodbye nice weather,

Today is going to be 80 F. Probably the last of the season. The T-Gen is going to rocket me to my twin engined supercharged jetboat. We are going to to the last day of wake surfing. I'll put in my order for my jetboat to be pulled, winterized, and put away till next season. Its rained a bunch in the last week so the water will be, lets say,..........invigorating upon entry to say the least ! But OOOOHH how I love it !
Got another car buddy who turboed his '94 V6 Taurus SHO in to the 8s and now has moved on to his jetski, currently at 21 psi.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
45 high in MI.
No traction weather

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
Well aint this a mother puss bucket,.................

So i have had the Mishi race radiator since my car went boosted. The radiator does a good job keeping her quite cool. The problem is 15 months after I installed this it developed pin hole leaks in the core.
**So mishi replaced it under its life time warranty. This one was installed March of 2018. Fast forward to this fall. First I smelled my CERMA coolant, the level stayed the same. Then I saw a small steam trail, this time from the inboard driver side core. #$^%@@[email protected]$!! bitch!!
***I called them back up and gave them a good long tongue lashing,...WTF the same failure, opposite side.
They sent me another brand new one. We'll see how long this one lasts.

Note:
KOYO no longer makes their race radiator for the 3.8. CSF was out of stock of their race radiator for the 3.8. They also dont know if they are going to continue to make it. F-uuck!

Also this stuff fixed it lickey split, thanks Scotty Kilmer.

Till I get around to changing it out. I dont drive her much in the winter anyway. It did stop it immediately. ( Just 1/3 a bottle too).

·
shorttrack
1,712 Posts
Well aint this a mother puss bucket,.................

So i have had the Mishi race radiator since my car went boosted. The radiator does a good job keeping her quite cool. The problem is 15 months after I installed this it developed pin hole leaks in the core.
**So mishi replaced it under its life time warranty. This one was installed March of 2018. Fast forward to this fall. First I smelled my CERMA coolant, the level stayed the same. Then I saw a small steam trail, this time from the inboard driver side core. #$^%@@[email protected]$!! bitch!!
***I called them back up and gave them a good long tongue lashing,...WTF the same failure, opposite side.
They sent me another brand new one. We'll see how long this one lasts.

Note:
KOYO no longer makes their race radiator for the 3.8. CSF was out of stock of their race radiator for the 3.8. They also dont know if they are going to continue to make it. F-uuck!

Also this stuff fixed it lickey split, thanks Scotty Kilmer.

Till I get around to changing it out. I dont drive her much in the winter anyway. It did stop it immediately. ( Just 1/3 a bottle too).
That is good you received a replacement .

341 - 360 of 391 Posts