Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

361 - 380 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 · (Edited)
I just bought a pair of DD led fog lights. I was answering a query from a dude in another thread when my research found they are making plug n play fogs that make 1,630 lumens EACH in brite white temp............Snap ! thats alot of light. In addition to my DD HIDs.

Cyber Monday discount, why not ?

**** The discounts were so great I went ahead and bought a TIAL Q,....the ultimate Bov !!!!
Nothing works or sounds better !!!

·
shorttrack
1,691 Posts
I just bought a pair of DD led fog lights. I was answering a query from a dude in another thread when my research found they are making plug n play fogs that make 1,630 lumens EACH in brite white temp............Snap ! thats alot of light. In addition to my DD HIDs.

Cyber Monday discount, why not ?

**** The discounts were so great I went ahead and bought a TIAL Q,....the ultimate Bov !!!!
Nothing works or sounds better !!!
Can post up the plug & play 1,630 lumens when you can ? .

·
shorttrack
1,691 Posts
Thank you sir .

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Items are coming together.
Tial is here, but I have to wait for my 12 psi spring. My car shows -24 to -25 hg. which actually rates a 13 psi spring. But the dudes at Precision told me to "one psi under" because I have their Ball bearing turbo.
The idea is to be slightly under what is needed for safety.
T pipe with 50mm V band is here with its couplers.
Fancy ass T-bolt clamps that are neo-chrome are here.

Mishimoto radiator replacement is here. But I will just run the one in there which was fixed until the spring.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
In reflection I want to take the time to acknowledge all the great stuff Dustin from 3.8 performance did for our platform.

Meandering around the forum I came across a thread that stated he was deceased. Very sad day in general, and more specifically for all the things he did with this discontinued platform.

I have like every single improvement he championed for our 3.8.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Yes, it was very unexpected...38 years old.
Those who been on this forum for some time and remember him (he used to be very active prior to starting up his business) can help out his family as follows:

And as was said before, between his wife and people who work for him - businesses is being carried on.
We might not see new developments, but what's forsale now, will be still sold/produced and worked on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Too keep up,

To let you guys know I am seeing 12.5 psi, (when I let my judgement lapse). Hence the decision to go to a Tial bov. Full 50mm vent.
My vac is so strong it holds my Bov open at idle. This is actually a great occurrence my response is truly incredible. I always said my car acted like a supercharged car. Its even worse now.
How fast my car puts on the boost and drops in high vac is truly remarkable. The Turbo smart waste gate TKits gave me is a TANK ! Its the second exhaust note, it soooo freaking loud when shes venting.

My Korean tuner gave me a 8.5 psi tune,.............well CERMA treatments, nano, more air (porting), more free exhaust (wider diameter),............... principles of creating boost,.....its just nuts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
USPS really screwed the pooch this year. I had a package get to tthe main post office Indy according to tracking, and was held there for three weeks. What a load of crap.

This COVID crap is making everyone lazy,....under the guise of health safety................

All my changes are done. the fog lights are great. It was kinda tricky fitting a ballast and a fan unit inside the oem fog light housing. BUT, it worked and is truly a plug n play. Way to go Diode Dyno !!
Mt TIal is SO cool,..its purple,... a massive billet valve. Sounds so cool.

**Changed my K-tuned air filter element on my velocity stak since I had the bumper off, screwing with he fog lights.

I ve also had the car on a battery maintainer since I have not been drivin her much. So much salt everywhere, F--k that !
(Besides, my tires are for above 50 F) Yuk yuk.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·

Bad ass Tial Q. That stainless hose is the NOS for the intercooler sprayer,...Wassup !!!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Winter sux............................

She hasnt been out for a while. i have her on a battery maintainer.

I have ordered a brand new front passenger side wheel well liner. Nothing wrong with the original, jest looks a bit ratty.
21.00 bucks delivered.

So numbskull is going to send out more $$$$ in March, well guess who's paying for three 55gal drums of chems..................Ha !

My heart goes out to any of you that were union11,000 pipefitters etc, that just lost you gig !

Imagine what gas prices are like in two years.(n)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
So its starting to warm up already. Saturday was 68 F.

- I broke my wrist at the end of July, so I didnt wire up my Nitrous stuff. Its already roughed in, all the lines. My portable/removable tank module. I just need to solder/wire in all the solenoids.
-So get this,....nitrous and Co2 cost the same............yeah, would'nt have thought that now would you.
-I picked nitrous to spray my IC with, because who in their right mind would spray CO2 right next to, in the same line as their CAI head !!!!! Some expanded nitrous might even give me a little "kick",...even though that not likely.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
So if you guys haven't been paying attention. The Euro conglomerate Stillantis has purchased all of Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.

When they sought to make the purchase, they promised that "The unique and original engineering characteristics" of the company would be preserved.

The purchase went through.

Without warning,...the entire SRT performance division was dissolved. All of its engineers were re-assigned to diametrically different positions in other parts of the company. LYING mother-$uckers !!!

So, 2020 will fill the history books as the last of the hemi's. The last of the Hellcat motors. Its SO sad.
The last year of these monsters was a variant with shitty-ass Fiat designed heads. The whole line should ve been re-called. (Pistons have a tendency to slap the valves above 5500 rpm). Lord what a sad ending.

So if you have a hemi made when Dodge was with Daimler,...HOLD on to it !!!!!

Can you imagine being an engineer, working on Hellcat powerplants, then being re-assigned to some chumpy ass electric hybrid garbage Dodge/Chrys version of a Prius.

***Little info, my cousin is an electrical engineer who works for Tesla. SHE was hired to address the crap ass lithium ion batteries and come up with a solution. Her advice to me is,...don't buy an electric car, they are not close to being reliable, working in a temperate climate, or have a range worth a dick.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 · (Edited)
My next thing,.....................

The Gen is great.

I just test drove a variant of what I am going to purchase next.
I test drove a KIA Sorrento Turbo/Hybrid.
It has the 1.6T mated to a 6 speed TC auto with and electric motor. It was amazing. The electric motor does the work from 0 to 2200, and the computer seamlessly mates the 1.6T from there (2200 to4400) where its max torque is.
I was amazed.

I am goin to purchase the AWD version coming out later this year. The Sorrento PHEV hybrid. Its a 1.6T with an even more powerful electric motor, that has a full EV range of 35 miles if you want. At the end of the EV range it automatically shifts to hybrid status and starts recharging the EV batteries as well.
It is a true AWD with a drive shaft mated to both powerplants. Not like the Toyota Ravs which have the gas motor front wheel and electric separate to the rear wheels only.
I reviewed several Youtube reviews of this PHEV which are out already in Europe and Australia. These owners are reporting one tank ranges of 800 miles !!

I have an electrician coming over tomorrow to give me an estimate on a 240v 50amp service and outlet addition to my
box in my garage for my Siemens car charger.

My Hyundai expert buddy (who was trained in these as well), says that the have been doing the hybrid thing since 2011, and that the hybrid platforms that Hyundai/KIA has now are some of the best kept secret awesome cars around. In the 10 years he worked on any of them it was for minor stuff nothing to do with the powertrains. Complete reliability he said, mated to a good ole torque converter trans these things are a best bet he said.

They are not cheap, lots of technology and hardware,...around 39,000 $
Its job will be the trips Yellowstone, and pack my Sea Eagle Kayak around with its compressor. Seats 7 adults comfortably.

So two turbo cars, one Jurassic monster,.....and a futuristic spaceship. One can get 9mpg if Im a butthole, and the other will do like 60 mpg as a matter of fact. LOL !

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 · (Edited)
First bid is in.

Two pole 40 A curcuit breaker ran to a NEMA 6-50 plug.

Two more bids to go.

Holy crap second bid,..............360.00. Goes to show you, get a few opinions.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
So took her out today, turned up the meth spray. With increased spray got a real good AFR at full power of 10.6. Came home, backed her in, could hear a high pitched whistle, maximum at idle and full vac of -25 hg. The whistle would lessen as vac decreased, nothing at boost. Put my ear to the plenum tracked it to the TB. Vac leak at the TB bolts. Cured by 1/4 turn of the 11 o'clock bolt. Simple enough.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
53 K. Full oil change. Removed the front bumper to get to the huge oil cooler and fully empty the entire oiling system. Blew out the hoses completely. Removed the SETRAB oil filter assembly. Cleaned the 25 micron surgical steel filter with chlorinated brake cleaner. Full oil replacement 6.75 quarts of CERMAX with 8ml of nano added for the main bearings and turbo bearings.

Sealed catch can had less than 1/4 inch depth of accumulation in 3K miles.

Recently installed a negative ion generator with electrodes in just after the TB. Full time energy 20,000 volts at an very low amperage. My car always ran smooth but now its ridiculous. Just did a weekend jaunt. 155 mile trip. Ended up with a 27.5 mpg average, this despite 22 miles of it over 120 mph, and several ramp launches.

The short of it: It causes the negative charging of the block, and infuses incoming air and boost with negative ions. The meth and fuel are neutral. This keeps the fuel in atomization upon entry into the cylinder. the ignition is positive. Thus a 100% combustion occurs.
All non ionized vehicles retain a positive charge to the block, thus the fuel runs down the sides of the cylinder, and incomplete combustion occurs. Thats why you guys need CATs. To burn off the unburnt fuel. I must say, my exhaust is much lighter smelling now. Upon cold start, the cars rpm drop to under 1K immediately. That's the first thing I noticed upon install. Getting on it is just sick..

Jessie from Tkits , chime in on this. This is some real science crap, I ve thought about doing this for years. Finally got around to doing it.

·
Vendor
1,531 Posts
53 K. Full oil change. Removed the front bumper to get to the huge oil cooler and fully empty the entire oiling system. Blew out the hoses completely. Removed the SETRAB oil filter assembly. Cleaned the 25 micron surgical steel filter with chlorinated brake cleaner. Full oil replacement 6.75 quarts of CERMAX with 8ml of nano added for the main bearings and turbo bearings.

Sealed catch can had less than 1/4 inch depth of accumulation in 3K miles.

Recently installed a negative ion generator with electrodes in just after the TB. Full time energy 20,000 volts at an very low amperage. My car always ran smooth but now its ridiculous. Just did a weekend jaunt. 155 mile trip. Ended up with a 27.5 mpg average, this despite 22 miles of it over 120 mph, and several ramp launches.

The short of it: It causes the negative charging of the block, and infuses incoming air and boost with negative ions. The meth and fuel are neutral. This keeps the fuel in atomization upon entry into the cylinder. the ignition is positive. Thus a 100% combustion occurs.
All non ionized vehicles retain a positive charge to the block, thus the fuel runs down the sides of the cylinder, and incomplete combustion occurs. Thats why you guys need CATs. To burn off the unburnt fuel. I must say, my exhaust is much lighter smelling now. Upon cold start, the cars rpm drop to under 1K immediately. That's the first thing I noticed upon install. Getting on it is just sick..

Jessie from Tkits , chime in on this. This is some real science crap, I ve thought about doing this for years. Finally got around to doing it.
Wow very cool, do you have a link or something I can read up on to full understand this and what it does. Thanks!

361 - 380 of 381 Posts